Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Ya know, I used to call Sunday and every day after whatever holiday, "Baby Exchange Day" but our calls for these have slowed lately.

Crap, I just jinxed myself.
    Working midnights, I don't get those. What I DO get are the abuse calls that come in that night when mommy/daddy finds out that the other has spanked their precious little angel.

Unfortunately, it's also the night with the highest percentage of the parental sexual assault calls because one parent usually finds the evidence at the kids bath time.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    Working midnights, I don't get those. What I DO get are the abuse calls that come in that night when mommy/daddy finds out that the other has spanked their precious little angel.

Unfortunately, it's also the night with the highest percentage of the parental sexual assault calls because one parent usually finds the evidence at the kids bath time.

My shift runs from 6p to 4a, so I've seen both in the same shift.

Now, not to be outdone are the well being checks on the kids on those nights because the parent who dropped the child off says that the other parent seemed agitated and they fear for their child's safety. What honks me off is that those concerns don't arise until sometime between the hours of 11p and 2:30a when the child and parent are sleeping. Guess who gets to be the nice guy and beat on a door, waking them up?

Not to derail the topic at hand, this gives me an idea for another thread.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

srab is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by covman454 View Post
    We tell them up front we are not there to determine who gets what, just to keep the peace. If I have more important things to do I will go do them. If either side gets stupid, then we hook for whatever law was broken. I also hate these calls, waste of my time because of the immaturity of people.

Covman
    Yup. Civil matter it is. Take what basics you need, and come back with a court order for the TV. ...or grow up.
    "The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons"
    Russian military doctrine

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

www.gruntsbbq.com

Flick72 is offline Patrol Officer
    Verified LEO
    Our common practice on civil standbys is just presonal items, no big items. We usually only have one officer on duty so we can not be at the residence for an hour or two waiting for them to move out. On all of the civil standby calls there are always two officer's dispatched but sometimes it takes the county awhile to get here so we keep it simple unless they have made other arangements.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by covman454 View Post
    We tell them up front we are not there to determine who gets what, just to keep the peace. If I have more important things to do I will go do them. If either side gets stupid, then we hook for whatever law was broken. I also hate these calls, waste of my time because of the immaturity of people.

Covman
    Pretty much how we handle it as well.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

LEWTFM is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    I tell them up front that when it comes to property/custody/etc... Unless they have a court order saying our agency will, that we will not. Like was said above, we're there to keep the peace and offer whatever mediation we can but we are simy not granted authority under Ohio law to interfere with civil issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information