Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beach Biker is offline Narcissistic Swinger

Breitbart to Teabaggers; "We Outnumber (Liberals) And We Have The Guns!"

I was glad to find OfficerResource.com just at a time when I saw this quote from political pundit Andrew Breitbart. We just don't discuss things like this at work. I am in southern California where politics is a subject to stay away from if you wear a badge. Andrew Breitbart is mainstream media who has some journalistic respect in conservative circles. Liberals write him off as crazy. You may recall Breitbart as the guy who leaked the pictures of former Congressman Anthony Wiener. Is it just me, or does Breitbart pose a threat to police objectives? After what happened to Congresswoman Gabriel Giffords in Tucson last year, I don't know what to think. From what I read on the internet message boards Breitbart has liberals upset, and some liberals may be rethinking the Second Amendment.

Here is the article, there is a video clip in the link.

Breitbart: Conservatives ‘outnumber’ liberals, ‘and we have the guns’*|*Raw Replay

Breitbart: Conservatives ‘outnumber’ liberals, ‘and we have the guns’

Posted on 09.19.11
    By Stephen C. Webster

Speaking to a Massachusetts tea party group recently, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart made some comments that are raising eyebrows online this week, telling the small gathering of Republicans that he sometimes wants to “fire the first shot.”

“I’m under attack all the time,” he said. “The call me gay. There are death threats… There are times when I’m not thinking as clearly as I should, and in those unclear moments, I always think to myself, ‘Fire the first shot. Bring it on.’ Because I know who’s on our side.

“They can only win a rhetorical and propaganda war. They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with. ”

Breitbart added that “major named people in the military” will sometimes “grab” him and say, “Thank you for what you’re doing, we’ve got your back.”

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm not worried about what he said. I take in the context that most conservatives are self sufficient and can take care of themselves.

Exhibit A:

Burglary in my area last week. Homeowner called other area homeowners, we were called, and the guy left in a vehicle. He ended up at gun point surrounded by a group of homeowners that he had just burgled. They did not hurt him or shoot him even though they could have. They guy knew better than to try them though. They had guns and they had each other's back. Evidence was processed in that gas station parking lot, returned to the owners, and the suspect was very happy to see us too. Confessed on the spot. It didn't take a community organizer to rally the locals either. Conservatives do outnumber liberals. Liberals compete using the media and human emotion over logic.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I'm not worried about what he said. I take in the context that most conservatives are self sufficient and can take care of themselves.

Exhibit A:

Burglary in my area last week. Homeowner called other area homeowners, we were called, and the guy left in a vehicle. He ended up at gun point surrounded by a group of homeowners that he had just burgled. They did not hurt him or shot him even though they could have. They guy knew better than to try them though. They had guns and they had each other's back. Evidence was processed in that gas station parking lot, returned to the owners, and the suspect was very happy to see us too. Confessed on the spot. It didn't take a community organizer to rally the locals either. Conservatives do outnumber liberals. Liberals compete using the media and human emotion over logic.
    Politics in the United States has just gone nuts, the bickering continues, and our problems just keep getting worse. This is very difficult for this former Eagle Scout. Thank you for your encouraging response.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Didn't make it to Eagle Scout, but I am a political junkie. If more people knew about the history of this country and founding (ie what went into the forming of the Constitution) I bet people would be surprised how little we would have to bicker about. Unfortunately, it is hard to find that sort of knowledge taught anymore.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Didn't make it to Eagle Scout, but I am a political junkie. If more people knew about the history of this country and founding (ie what went into the forming of the Constitution) I bet people would be surprised how little we would have to bicker about. Unfortunately, it is hard to find that sort of knowledge taught anymore.
    +1
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

213th is offline Solipsist
    I would consider myself a political junkie as well, but what the hell is a Teabagger?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

APB Guest
    On a side note, there is no such thing as a "former" Eagle Scout. Welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    I would consider myself a political junkie as well, but what the hell is a Teabagger?
    Here is the Wiki definition of today's Tea Party or Teabagger depending upon your perspective. Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The group did very well in the 2010 election and has about thirty seats in House of Representatives as well as a handful of U. S. Senators.

Permit me to avoid an emotional discussion. The term "Teabagger" is also a disgusting name for a sexual act. The Tea Party launched itself initially as "Teabaggers" you can see from this photo of one of their members. Teabaggers now take offense at the term "Teabaggers" and want to be called "Tea Partiers." The Tea Partie's original message was cut spending and cut taxes which gave them a strong start. This is the group that has tried in Wisconsin and New Jersey to take collective bargaining rights from Police, Fire, teachers, and State workers. In New Jersey salaries were cut $6,000 a year in benefits. Teabaggers would like to do this nationally. Many people, myself included do not believe this is what voters intended. However, we must acknowledge that there is great anger among the American people, and the Tea Party has come from nowhere in the last few years.

I use the term "Teabagger" because it reminds them of how disorganized they are, and how they made a mess of their campaign initially. All they had to do was look up the term "Teabagger" in a dictionary. The Tea Party does not have a national headquarters, there is some evidence that former Texas Congressman Dick Armey got funding to make Teabaggers look like a grass roots organization with no one at the top responsible for their actions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Armey

For the record, the Boston Tea Party was organized by the Sons of Liberty among whose leaders were John Hancock and Sam Adams. These were not a group of politicos. The Sons of Liberty were violent radicals who burned the homes of tax collectors, and probably killed a few. This was a time of radical politics and violence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty

I believe it is important to separate American History from American legend. The leader of the Boston Tea Party was John Handcock, the first to sign our Declaration of Independence. However, after the Boston Tea Party, John Hancock was the only one who had tea to sell! I think we would call that hitting two birds with one stone. But, let us remember that each of those who signed the Declaration of Independence signed their own death warrant by signing that document. Here is a link to the names, and bios of those who signed the Declaration of Independence. http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/ These were the leading men from each of the 13 colonies. If King George had captured any of them, they would likely have been drawn and quartered, and their head put on a pike, one of the most painful ways to die. These were real heros who put everything on the line for this nation, and they became heros with the stroke of a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by APB View Post
    On a side note, there is no such thing as a "former" Eagle Scout. Welcome to the site.
    Thank you. I feel the Boy Scouts of America would have to be the most influential factor in my upbringing. Somehow I feel the definition of 'Americanism' has changed. I mean "Leave it to Beaver" was before my time, and is now 50 years old, but part of it is in me, and perhaps you. We know that American life was never really like that very often, but it has its moments. At least we had something to aim for. Do we really have to throw it all away?

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Biker View Post
    Here is the Wiki definition of today's Tea Party or Teabagger depending upon your perspective. Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The group did very well in the 2010 election and has about thirty seats in House of Representatives as well as a handful of U. S. Senators.

Permit me to avoid an emotional discussion. The term "Teabagger" is also a disgusting name for a sexual act. The Tea Party launched itself initially as "Teabaggers" you can see from this photo of one of their members. Teabaggers now take offense at the term "Teabaggers" and want to be called "Tea Partiers." The Tea Partie's original message was cut spending and cut taxes which gave them a strong start. This is the group that has tried in Wisconsin and New Jersey to take collective bargaining rights from Police, Fire, teachers, and State workers. In New Jersey salaries were cut $6,000 a year in benefits. Teabaggers would like to do this nationally. Many people, myself included do not believe this is what voters intended. However, we must acknowledge that there is great anger among the American people, and the Tea Party has come from nowhere in the last few years.

I use the term "Teabagger" because it reminds them of how disorganized they are, and how they made a mess of their campaign initially. All they had to do was look up the term "Teabagger" in a dictionary. The Tea Party does not have a national headquarters, there is some evidence that former Texas Congressman Dick Armey got funding to make Teabaggers look like a grass roots organization with no one at the top responsible for their actions. Dick Armey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the record, the Boston Tea Party was organized by the Sons of Liberty among whose leaders were John Hancock and Sam Adams. These were not a group of politicos. The Sons of Liberty were violent radicals who burned the homes of tax collectors, and probably killed a few. This was a time of radical politics and violence. Sons of Liberty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe it is important to separate American History from American legend. The leader of the Boston Tea Party was John Handcock, the first to sign our Declaration of Independence. However, after the Boston Tea Party, John Hancock was the only one who had tea to sell! I think we would call that hitting two birds with one stone. But, let us remember that each of those who signed the Declaration of Independence signed their own death warrant by signing that document. Here is a link to the names, and bios of those who signed the Declaration of Independence. Index of Signers by State These were the leading men from each of the 13 colonies. If King George had captured any of them, they would likely have been drawn and quartered, and their head put on a pike, one of the most painful ways to die. These were real heros who put everything on the line for this nation, and they became heros with the stroke of a pen.
    ooooohhhhh it all becomes clear now. I know who the Tea Party is, but for a minute I thought there must have been another political party who enjoys putting their scrotal sacs in peoples mouth.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    ooooohhhhh it all becomes clear now. I know who the Tea Party is, but for a minute I thought there must have been another political party who enjoys putting their scrotal sacs in peoples mouth.
    no that would be the democratic party

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Well, you have me confused. As understand it the Tea Party is a party within the Republican Party. The Democratic Party, according to commedian/pundit Bill Maher, is now planning the Donner Party for disgrundled liberals. Their idea is to pull the national agenda away from the Teabaggers and back toward the middle." Here is the set up from Bill Maher's TV show Real Time on HBO.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well, you have me confused. As understand it the Tea Party is a party within the Republican Party.
    I think you have yourself confused.

The Tea Party is not a party. It's a group of conservatives who want to take back the Republican Party from progressives.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    I think you have yourself confused.

The Tea Party is not a party. It's a group of conservatives who want to take back the Republican Party from progressives.
    Well, now I am confused. I understood that the original Tea Party effort was to reduce taxes and reduce spending. Where all this debt ceiling, cut the pay and benefits of police, fire and other gpvernment workers talk came from I don't know. It is certainly not what I voted for as a national agenda.

As a fiscal conservative, and a social liberal it is easy for me to get caught in confusion. I watch the conservative guys at work struggling with the collective bargaining issue. I try to explain that it is not a question of liberal or conservative. When it comes to my paycheck, I deserve every penny, and I would imagine members of this forum feel the same way. When Governor Christy of New Jersey cut State Trooper salaries/benefits by $6,000 a year what kind of message did that send? Will we all be applying for jobs as greeters at Walmart to make ends meet?

Every working person has to deal with a boss. With the size of government, collective bargaining is a necessity for us in my opinion. Collective bargaining is how many professionals negotiate. Commercial Airline pilots do it - ALPA. Radio and television professionals do it - CWA. Screen actors do it - SAG. I do not believe there is any political stigma here. Collective bargaining is not a conservative nor liberal thing. With the work we do, we need as many watching our backs as we can get.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Collective bargaining has hosed itself in some States.

I'm a guild president, and generally very pro bargaining. I don't have much use for affiliated unions, which ARE a liberal thing now. If they clean up their act and behave like a guild they'll have my support again.

We are *all* in this together, and some of the largesse and excess perpetrated by affiliated unions has resulted in a well deserved backlash as cities and counties go bankrupt.

Also, are you an LEO?

Everyone else "doing it" has never worked for our profession before. Why should it now?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    no that would be the democratic party
    This is a true statement!

Well, you have me confused. As understand it the Tea Party is a party within the Republican Party. The Democratic Party, according to commedian/pundit Bill Maher, is now planning the Donner Party for disgrundled liberals. Their idea is to pull the national agenda away from the Teabaggers and back toward the middle." Here is the set up from Bill Maher's TV show Real Time on HBO.

Well maybe I didn't make my sarcasm clear enough. And really, citing Bill Maher in a political discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    Collective bargaining has hosed itself in some States.

I'm a guild president, and generally very pro bargaining. I don't have much use for affiliated unions, which ARE a liberal thing now. If they clean up their act and behave like a guild they'll have my support again.

We are *all* in this together, and some of the largesse and excess perpetrated by affiliated unions has resulted in a well deserved backlash as cities and counties go bankrupt.

Also, are you an LEO?

Everyone else "doing it" has never worked for our profession before. Why should it now?
    In our profession we may each offer unique skills, but we can be replaced for any number of stupid reasons. If you like I can offer some great links to FOP.

As I am unsure at this point how many members of my department are members of this site, I will suffice it to say I carry a badge, carry a gun, and I ride a bicycle. Where I work, I have found that LEOs outside my workplace often don't understand all of what our work involves.

My partner is older than I, and we are a great team. He is kind of a mentor, but he respects my strengths. One day we were patrolling near the gay Surfrider State Beach, (figure that one out!). A director he knew hailed us, and invited us to his place after work to look at script for possible police drama. Now I was just the passenger on this venture. We looked at few sections of the script, and my partner gave some advice. As we left the director looked at me and said, "Nice ass."

I would be interested in hearing how some of the members here would respond to that comment? I'll share the end of that story when I hear from some of you guys.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The Tea Party is more than a subset of Republicans. It is conservatives and libertarians who find themselves with little or no voice in the GOP or the Democratic Party. It's people who want legitimate change and reform in the government and are trying to support candidates who reflect that attitude. "Tea Baggers" is a pejorative created by Liberal pundits from a sexual act, and picked up and propagated by "Main Stream Media." All the more example of exactly why people in the Tea Party feel disenfranchised from politics and are rallying for change.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    As I am unsure at this point how many members of my department are members of this site, I will suffice it to say I carry a badge, carry a gun, and I ride a bicycle.
    That would cover security guards in some places.

Are you a commissioned peace officer or not?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information