Welcome to the APBWeb.
    JPapenfus is offline Rookie

Report on Special Response Teams

hello my is James I have a report on Special Response Teams.
    I need to know to find about
    A) Standard Operating Procedures
    B) equipment
    C) Unit Member Selection
    D) Unit Administration
    E) Operational Administration
    F) Personnel Selection

I need to find books on SRT because the class only allows 1 internet source.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JPapenfus View Post
    hello my is James I have a report on Special Response Teams.
    I need to know to find about
    A) Standard Operating Procedures
    B) equipment
    C) Unit Member Selection
    D) Unit Administration
    E) Operational Administration
    F) Personnel Selection

I need to find books on SRT because the class only allows 1 internet source.
    James, welcome to APB/OR. Your post is a quite vague. Specialized teams have different names, responsibilities, policies and equipment that may all vary by department. You may find numerous answers. While I am not here to do your research for you, I will point you in the right direction.

Since you mentioned books, I suggest going to your college's library. There are other sources that you can cite besides books though.

Check out police departments' websites. You may find some of the information you're looking for there. Contact your local, county or state police departments. You may be able to interview a supervisor for one of those units and he could give you more specific information for that department.

Good luck with your report.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I'll tell you now, you won't find anyone here willing to disclose operating procedures for special response teams. Giving that info out could jeopardize the officers if the wrong people find out.

And no offense meant, but I hope you don't get that info from any other web site either for the above reason.

Same goes for equipment.

As far as admin and selection, officers have a chain of command just like street officers. And at my department, selection is based on our resume, interviews, and test scores. A list is made ranking the candidates, and when an opening comes up, the first officer on the list is offered the position. If they decline for whatever reason, the offer goes to then next officer.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We're not doing your homework for you and we're not discussing tactics and procedures. That will get cops killed.

Anyone who does discuss such issues with you over the internet is a poser and talking out their ass.

Thread closed.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information