Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Above the law?

Redmaster is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    In La.they are protected against DUI,---as well they should be,hell we have the best politicians money can buy.
    Is that true? I have not pulled over a state legislator so I have not had a reason to look that up. Are you sure that is true or are you joking?

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmaster View Post
    Is that true? I have not pulled over a state legislator so I have not had a reason to look that up. Are you sure that is true or are you joking?
    Yep. They have diplomatic immunity when the legislature is in session.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I work as a police officer on a University campus, and we have 2 hospitals here. A couple of months ago, and co-worker was in this same situation, were he attempted to pull over a speeding vehicle. I jumped in behind him to give location & direction of travel for the pursuit. After 3 blocks, the driver jumped out of the vehicle, in scrubs, and ran into the employee entrance. I ran after her, and noticed the initiating officer was not chasing her on foot. He said that she must be a doctor on her way to surgery. I was a little irritated that the Dr. did not even consider calling our PD and informing them that she would be arrving in the area at an accelerated speed, or the nature of her call, ESPECIALLY when she sees 2 police cars behind her with lights & sirens on.
    I guess its a good thing I didnt tackle her, I was pretty close. I probably wouldve gotten an ass chewing over it, but I think I could've articulated why I did what I did, if it would've come to that.
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information