Welcome to the APBWeb.
    IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Is this excessive?

With cameras and radar, is this necessary?

Last year the March safety enforcement effort resulted in more than 18,000 traffic citations and warnings.
    Read more: State Plans Special Traffic Enforcement This Week - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    Since those types of enforcement efforts are grant driven and based on crash and historical traffic information I'd say yes. All those cameras and people are still driving poorly enough to justify massive grants and off duty pay. I'll also bet the vast majority of those 18,000 contacts were warnings too.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    Nothing gains voluntary compliance like seeing several squads out stopping violators. Also these types of grants often lead to other stuff, such as drugs. Its too bad they don't include in their stats how many people get picked up who have outstanding warrants, how many cars are found with drugs, etc.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjohnson63 View Post
    Its too bad they don't include in their stats how many people get picked up who have outstanding warrants, how many cars are found with drugs, etc.
    When we do a federally funded traffic blitz we tally that information too. It includes things such as insurance. license, and dui violations too. The public are usually pretty happy with those numbers. Lot and lots of equipment warning cites. Most working citizens are not aware they had a tail light out, they are annoyed with the stop, and then in agreement when I explain what we are doing ie looking for drunks, dope, and wanted persons. The blitzes also include presentations to schools too. Especially around Prom season.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information