Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: citations

Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....

Red face citations

what do other officers/deputys/troopers call there citation, i have heard many names and would like to hear more.

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    When I rolled with the Sheriff's Dept. here in LA County they were calling them "Duckets".

Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....
    My boyfriend worked for a department and his Sgt, now LT, always called them coupons and from then on he has called the citations coupons since and it drives me nuts

FishTail Guest
    You mean those pieces of paper you hand out to people for violations?

I call them FPNs (Fixed Penalty Notice) for traffic or PNDs (Penalty Notice for Disorder) for anything else we can use them for.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I call them Citations.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

zpd307 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    call them tags here.
    MANNNNN.... YOU MUST BE FAST, BECAUSE I WAS HAULIN ASS WHEN I PASSED YOU!

kingpervis is offline Nobody
    We also call them tags where I am. I think that is pretty common througout Minnesota. I used to work in North Dakota, too, and I can't remember what we called them out there.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Summons, Ticket, or Citation. VERY rarely some will refer to them as a GS&C (General Summons and Complaint)
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    The chief and the other officer here call them tickets, I call them citations. However after a clearing a vehicle stop. Myself and 2 of the deputys tell the dispather that we just singed up another one if we cite.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Verified LEO
    if shes cute, i suppose you could call it a date reminder

RdrB67 is offline Officer First Class
    When I was getting them, I called them "tickets." Now that I'm giving them, I call them "citations." Those I give them to call them "Butt-wipe" among other things.
    "Nothing says guilty like a high-priced lawyer."
    - Tom Griswold

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    We call the summons here but refer to writing them as "Im gonna go out and stroke a few"
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

nitestokker is offline Banned

Cool

Just among the guys (and gals), we "hang paper" on every contact. No verbal warnings allowed, gotta write them a citation, write a written warning, or make an arrest. If we determine there was no crime committed, we have to fill out a "3x5" for records...a 3" by 5" piece of paper with all the details of the contact. Officially, we tell the dispatcher on the radio we either "cited them for......" or "warned them for...." or "no action".......................

Verified LEO
    you work for one of THOSE depts. i heard about those. i thought that i had a crap load of paperwork.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We call them "Skins", "Pinches", "Whacks".

On the radio we usually sign clear with cite
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

nitestokker is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zpd307
    you work for one of THOSE depts. i heard about those. i thought that i had a crap load of paperwork.
    you have no idea........didn't think there were that many trees left in the forest! Peace.

GM7203 Guest
    Most truckers call them "Safe Driving Awards".

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by GM7203
    Most truckers call them "Safe Driving Awards".
    truckers are always whining!

GarcoDeputy is offline Officer First Class
    I call them C-Notes.
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
    Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestokker
    Just among the guys (and gals), we "hang paper" on every contact. No verbal warnings allowed, gotta write them a citation, write a written warning, or make an arrest. If we determine there was no crime committed, we have to fill out a "3x5" for records...a 3" by 5" piece of paper with all the details of the contact. Officially, we tell the dispatcher on the radio we either "cited them for......" or "warned them for...." or "no action".......................
    I rode with an officer once from a PD who required all of the following reports - It was the most boring ride-along in my life, sitting in parking lots waiting for her to do all of her reports:

1) A hand-written report
    2) A perfectly-drawn diagram to approximate scale, especially if any vehicle was involved (even parking lot scrapes) - She had to use drafting templates. During my ride-along we had 3 hit & runs in parking lots, and she took a total of nearly 2 hours to do diagrams. These were very minor fender-benders and paint scrapes, with no injuries, no suspects
    3) A typed report on her MDT (the handwritten one was still required).
    4) A voice-recorded report on her tape recorder - She said it will be re-typed by a stenographer. I asked her why they couldn't use the one she typed into her MDT, and she said it was because the systems didn't talk to each other
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 05-14-06 at 04:56 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information