Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By pgg
  • 1 Post By keith720
  • 1 Post By MacLean

Thread: Help!

Help!

I am 17 and I live in a small town in wisconsin... I have been asked to go babysit a 10month old little boy I know the mother and I will be going with one of my close friends who is good friends with the child's mother. I have been told that the mother lets someone who sits there and smokes pot all day watch the child. I am not 100% sure but I believe the mother smokes weed also. My question is can I get into trouble for babysitting this kid in a home where weed may be present? I want to become a police officer so I obviously don't want to take any chances in getting that taken away as an option for my future.
    What makes someone a hero? According to the dictionary a hero is someone, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities. In the dictionary heros are also known as the chief male character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities. A hero is someone who walks into your life as it is crumbling to pieces and is there for you when it seems like the rest of the world is walking out.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    There is probably weed in more of the houses that you've been in than you know. If it's not yours, and there's nothing to suggest that it's yours, then you won't get in trouble for it. If you somehow do, this won't disqualify you from service with most departments as long as you are honest about it during the background check.

Unless there's some other reason that you think you should avoid these people, take the job if you want it.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    here's my thought. If you are leary about it at all then don't take it. Simple as that.
    MacLean, IMGreat101 and code3bg like this.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

code3bg is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Berserk makes a good point, but I'm gonna go along with pgg and say that if you're leary about it... stay home.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Just to clarify, I'm saying that the potential presence of weed in the house isn't that big a deal. If that's all it is, then don't worry. But pgg and code3bg are right. If you feel uneasy about going there for whatever reason, then trust your instincts.

Thanks everyone, I ended up going but I left about an hour later cause thats all they where talking about and that they just wanted to get high. I said I just didn't want to be around that type of stuff. I was asked to babysit him again for today but I said no for the fact that I am super busy today and for the fact that I didn't want to be in that situation.
    What makes someone a hero? According to the dictionary a hero is someone, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities. In the dictionary heros are also known as the chief male character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities. A hero is someone who walks into your life as it is crumbling to pieces and is there for you when it seems like the rest of the world is walking out.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Always go with your gut feeling in situations like this. It sounds like you made a good choice by leaving.
    MacLean likes this.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you have to ask, you know the answer.
    lewisipso likes this.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information