Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Mail Issues.

Mail Issues.

I am not sure if you know anything about this topic at all or not but I will ask my question anyways. My sister-in-law is a photographer she gives her clients CD's with their pictures on them. On this particular day, my sister had to go do something else and the client was only able to get the CD at a certain time. So my sister left the CD in a paper holder which was inside of a fabric case with 2 of her buisness cards and the release form also in her mailbox for the client (also her friend) to pick up. She got a call from the lady saying it wasn't there. Turns out my sister-in-law just got a thing in the mail saying that she is placing advertisement/fliers in peoples mailboxes when she isn't she put the CD in her OWN mailbox. The only things that had her buisness name on it was a buisness card inside this closed fabric CD case. The mailman confiscated the CD and they went through it at the post office. What makes it even more upsetting is the fact that the letter came from a post office in a different town and not from the town we live in. If anyone has any comments on this as to wether what the post office did is right or wrong please say. We are just really frustrated that they took a CD with clients pictures on it. Is the mailman allowed to take it and literally open it up to get her information out of it?
    What makes someone a hero? According to the dictionary a hero is someone, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities. In the dictionary heros are also known as the chief male character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities. A hero is someone who walks into your life as it is crumbling to pieces and is there for you when it seems like the rest of the world is walking out.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The postal service is regulated by the federal government. That being said, all I can say is that mailboxes are for official mailings only. The postman/woman are allowed to take action against that. In this case it would seem that the postman/woman may not have realized that the items in the mailbox belonged to the box owner. A seemingly innocent mistake perhaps. They would not have known who the CD was for until it was opened. However, once opened and the owner and address confirmed a letter of explanation and apology would have been in order.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO
    Agreed with the previous post. I would follow up with the post master (who would also take jurisdiction in this incident).
    "That's how we roll"

Thread Information