Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lewisipso
  • 1 Post By keith720

Thread: Homework help

Homework help

Does anyone know if there are any non-profit organizations in the USA or Wisconsin for officers who have PTSD? I need to do a report on this topic for english but i need a charity to go with it.
    What makes someone a hero? According to the dictionary a hero is someone, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities. In the dictionary heros are also known as the chief male character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities. A hero is someone who walks into your life as it is crumbling to pieces and is there for you when it seems like the rest of the world is walking out.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    All I've seen so far is this one in Herald, Ca.
    Horses Healing Heroes

From their website.
    Heroes come in many shapes and sizes and PTSD affects a broad range of people some more recognizable than others: our Veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as defense contractors working along side them, police officers, firefighters, EMT’s, correctional officers, survivors of trauma and victimization, and caregivers.
    It's in California but a phone call may net you the name of an organization closer to your requested locations.
    Policefan1978 likes this.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I don't know of any in Wisconsin. Most departments have an internal Employee Assistance Program.
    Policefan1978 likes this.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Thread Information