• 3 Post By Pudge
  • 1 Post By SteelCityK9Cop
  • 2 Post By DILLON 45
  • 1 Post By Trojan 42
  • 1 Post By DILLON 45

Thread: What are the Domestic violence laws overseas

Policefan1978 is offline Officer First Class

What are the Domestic violence laws overseas

AWhat are the lawas concerning domestic viloence or emotionalabuse in the United Kingdom? I have an online friend who lives in the UK and theway her husband treats her is terrible.
    May God be with you and your families as you Protect and Serve.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Domestic violence is taken very seriously by the police and courts here. IF she is willing to make a complaint AND be willing to follow it through it will be dealt with.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Domestic violence is taken very seriously by the police and courts here. IF she is willing to make a complaint AND be willing to follow it through it will be dealt with.
    Yep, same here. I suspect that IF is just as big there as it is here. I can count on one hand the number of cooperative DV victims I had when court came around during my entire career. In fact I had a big case a year ago where the victim went so far as to swear out a false affidavit accusing me of perjury and trying to get her to commit perjury during Grand Jury. When the defense attorney heard my audio he withdrew the motion. I sent over charges on her for it but they were quashed because we don't charge "victims." Giant. Waste. Of. Time. Cynical? Just a little.
    Pudge likes this.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Policefan1978 is offline Officer First Class
    Trojan thank you. I will let my friend know this.
    PoliceLady
    May God be with you and your families as you Protect and Serve.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Yep, same here. I suspect that IF is just as big there as it is here. I can count on one hand the number of cooperative DV victims I had when court came around during my entire career. In fact I had a big case a year ago where the victim went so far as to swear out a false affidavit accusing me of perjury and trying to get her to commit perjury during Grand Jury. When the defense attorney heard my audio he withdrew the motion. I sent over charges on her for it but they were quashed because we don't charge "victims." Giant. Waste. Of. Time. Cynical? Just a little.
    Domestic Violence? What's that? Oh...that's the charge we arrest them for that's a precursor to a Disorderly Conduct plea. Save me a seat on the SS Cynical.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

SteelCityK9Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    18 years on the job... I have never successfully prosecuted a domestic violence case.

If your friend has not left him yet....she never will and will continue to be a victim for the rest of her life. Her sons will most likely beat their wives and her daughters will be the next generation of victims.

Hopefully you can sway her to leave.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Xiphos likes this.

DILLON 45 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

"It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!"

Perhaps you should go to the ant and observe how hard this creature works, maintains order and cultivates food for all in it's society.
    Much can be learned from an ant, BESIDES BURNING IT ALIVE.

Verified LEO
    I 'm sure any Police Officer can write a book on domestic calls. Most are routine but now and again some turn ugly very fast, and Police Officers caught in the wake end up seriously injured or dead.

I can tell you first hand how a domestic dispute ended a 16 year career as of a result of one officer not taking the situation serious and allowed
    himself to become a victim. As a result the back up officer arrived on the scene to find the officer being assaulted by both husband and wife.
    End result was, the responding officer did not do his job and the second officer was struck in the head with a pipe while rescuing the
    the other. There is much more to the incident but I'm sure you get the gist, I know I did, the back up officer was me..
    Pudge and Policefan1978 like this.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLON 45 View Post
    "It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!"

Perhaps you should go to the ant and observe how hard this creature works, maintains order and cultivates food for all in it's society.
    So.... I'm missing the metaphor here. Is domestic violence like an ant? Or are the ants the victims? Are we burning them alive by thinking they should make a complaint before we make an arrest? Or is all of that just how we all gather food, and we burn each other alive by asking questions?

Or is this not a metaphor at all, but you just happen to like ants?

Verified LEO

Perhaps YOU should get a sense of humour!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by berserk View Post
    So.... I'm missing the metaphor here. Is domestic violence like an ant? Or are the ants the victims? Are we burning them alive by thinking they should make a complaint before we make an arrest? Or is all of that just how we all gather food, and we burn each other alive by asking questions?

Or is this not a metaphor at all, but you just happen to like ants?
    Trojan 42 has this caption at the bottom. "It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realize just how often they burst into flames for no reason!"

To answer your question about ants. Yes I like and admire them, those who have or had an ant farm would know why I like them.

Verified LEO
    Perhaps YOU should get a sense of humour!
    Perhaps I already have one. FE FI FO FUM I smell the blood of an Englishman. I say old boy pip pip cheerio and all that sort rot. And you say I have
    no sense of humor, ta ta..

Verified LEO
    I tried an Ant Farm once, but it didn't work out because those little buggers just couldn't pull the plough.

See, now that's humour.
    DILLON 45 likes this.

Verified LEO
    I tried an Ant Farm once, but it didn't work out because those little buggers just couldn't pull the plough.

See, now that's humour.
    Ok you got me there, now that was good humor. Pull a plough, I never thought of that one, very good old boy
    Trojan 42 likes this.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Trojan 42 has this caption at the bottom. "It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realize just how often they burst into flames for no reason!"

To answer your question about ants. Yes I like and admire them, those who have or had an ant farm would know why I like them.
    Ah. Check that out, so he does. Wonder what other funny taglines I've been ignoring all this time?

I'm going to have to agree that you have no sense of humor, though.

Verified LEO
    Trojan 42

Trojan, if a cop needs a transfusion it consists of coffee and donuts, woks wonders. How about across the pond ?.

Verified LEO
    Trojan 42

Trojan, if a cop needs a transfusion it consists of coffee and donuts, woks wonders. How about across the pond ?.
    Tea and toast, old boy, tea and toast.

Verified LEO
    Tea and toast, old boy, tea and toast.
    Tea and toast, jolly good I say, cheerio

Thread Information