Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calltd.com ???

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Calltd.com ???

Anyone ever had any dealings with CALLTD.COM ???

I had a $500 charge appear on my Credit Card from them, so I went to their web site... It's a one-page site that gives a phone # and another web site, get2cards.com.

So I goes to get2cards.com and it appears that they're selling phone cards & PINs out of Ireland.

So I calls them, and they ask for my address & CC number immediately (I figured what the heck, they already have my CC number)... Then when I tell them, they start reading back the same info I gave them, and only that info, saying that I ordered this "whatever it is" for $500.

I told them to cancel the friggin cards and issue me a credit, but then they say they can't do that and again read back all the info I just gave them, saying that I bought whatever it is, but they wouldn't explain to me exactly what I purchased, or where it was sent, or if someone is making calls on the PINs or cards or whatever it is.

At that point I reported it to the CC company and told them cancel that CC number, issue me a new number, and I was going to sign a fraud affidavit against the charge.

I also emailed CALLTD.COM... This was yesterday. Haven't heard any more today.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 06-22-06 at 01:14 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Well that's a bunch of shit, huh??

Hope everything works out with the affidavit of forgery.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    A lot of out of country scam business' will scam US citizens because virtually nothing can be done. No arrest....no lawsuit. It's a perfect scam.

Thanks... Hopefully the CC company has a longer "reach" than I do, since they probably have offices in Ireland.

That CALLTD.COM company may also be the victim, but they surely were not a big help to me.

(\__/)

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    Apparently you aren't the only one Charlie. Found this.. Hope things get taken care of.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2517602.phtml

Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Thanks... Hopefully the CC company has a longer "reach" than I do, since they probably have offices in Ireland.

The officers in Ireland will not be able to make an arrest, and even if they could, the suspect(s) will not be extradited. You are out your money. That is why the scam is so perfect.

FishTail Guest
    Oh, I don't know. If Ireland is anything like England conspiracy to commit an offence abroad can, in some circumstances, be a substantive offence in that country.

Well, I do know...I've seen this happen more than once, and it also happened to a friend of mine.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Same thing here, LEF. We have had a bunch of these in town recently. Lot of them originating in Nigeria or Ghana. Absolutely no help from the First Bunch of Idiots. I have had a couple citizens out thousands of dollars. Sucks, but the big guy is right. You were just screwed sans lubrication. Oh yeah. Clean the blood off your legs, thats gross.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

dla4079 is offline Corporal
    Verified C/O

Question

How did they get the CC Number in the first place is my biggest question. Was it gotten from an unsecured website that someone orders from or what?

Capt. D. Larimore
    NTISF Gang Unit

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    Hey hey hey, why not ask the Irish officer to look into it?

Never heard of this company but yep, we most certainly can make arrests. Not me personally, fraud detectives,

Pm me the details of this company and I will make some inquiries and at least find out what they are upto if nothing else.

Just by looking at their site and its verious areas I can tell you that the Dublin address they use is a residential address not a commercial/business one. In the UK they are going under Azzurri Communications Limited as there appears to be a legal and operational company using the name Callmedia within the UK.
    Last edited by Garda; 06-22-06 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dla4079
    How did they get the CC Number in the first place is my biggest question. Was it gotten from an unsecured website that someone orders from or what?
    Good question - But I use the card a lot both locally and on the Internet.

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by Garda
    Hey hey hey, why not ask the Irish officer to look into it?

Never heard of this company but yep, we most certainly can make arrests. Not me personally, fraud detectives,

Pm me the details of this company and I will make some inquiries and at least find out what they are upto if nothing else.

Just by looking at their site and its verious areas I can tell you that the Dublin address they use is a residential address not a commercial/business one. In the UK they are going under Azzurri Communications Limited as there appears to be a legal and operational company using the name Callmedia within the UK.
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed... That doesn't sound exactly like the way I meant it

I'm going to call them once more today & maybe I'll get another represenatitive who'll tell me what was ordered & where it was sent... If that doesn't work, then the info is on it's way - Thanks man!!!!

(\__/)

Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

Oh yeah!

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed... That doesn't sound exactly like the way I meant it
    THATS HOT!!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

doobiej is offline It just pays for beer money with dead goats
    Have you contacted your credit card company. I know a lot of times they will refund charges on your credit card that you didn't autorize. Just a thought.

Done

(\__/)

I re-contacted CALLTD.COM yesterday - They again refused to disclose any details of my supposed transaction, or what the $500 "Calling Card PIN / Refill" that they charged to my Visa card was used to purchase - except to say that the $500 has been expended to order something thru the Calling Card PIN (would not say what was ordered, or from what company the purchase was made), and that the receipts were sent to an email address <something>@hotdak.com, but would not tell me the complete email address (I don't have any email addresses at hotdak.com).

HOTDAK.COM is a ripoff of Hotmail, but based in India - which is also where the HelpDesk of CALLTD.COM is based - I couldn't get past them

The CALLTD.COM Helpdesk also told me that they DO keep IP number logs (which would tell me exactly which ISP the computer that submitted my Credit Card number was connected to, and could even implicate a specific user if the ISP's sign-in logs haven't been purged yet) - However they would not disclose the user's IP Number to me, even though their implication is that it was me who ordered this stupid "Card PIN / Refill".

I also got ahold of CALLTD.COM's & GET2CARDS.COM's Internet Domain Name Registrar & their Proxy Registrar to see who the heck the owner is... The Domain Name Registrar refused to disclose the owner's name & contact info (that info is private in the WHOIS record).

PM sent to Garda with info - Thanks Garda, maybe they will tell you something.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 06-23-06 at 09:33 AM.

(\__/)

Ip logs arent worth a shit. Could be AOL or anything.

I PMed you so defo go with chargeback, didnt tell you this but on top of the initial 500 they also have to pay a chargeback fee of 10 to 20%. That sorts them out
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

Thanks man!!!

(\__/)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information