Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: PDA software

PDA software

Hey everybody. I wanted to know if anyone had/has a PDA that they use for work. If so, what programs do you use for it? Ive been looking EVERYWHERE for crimes and vehicle code for PA on PDA format, but am having no luck. Anyone happen to know where I can get that?
    Peace through superior firepower.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    For some reason I am thinking that thwe Blackberry device has the codes for all 50 states and Feds. There is software to get you state but I am sure I have heard that somewhere.
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by copiceman15601
    Hey everybody. I wanted to know if anyone had/has a PDA that they use for work. If so, what programs do you use for it? Ive been looking EVERYWHERE for crimes and vehicle code for PA on PDA format, but am having no luck. Anyone happen to know where I can get that?
    I use a PDA at work for all my storage, I have all 6500000000000000000 Chicago police General Orders, Special Orders, Department Notices and what ever else they publish constantly. I also have the states attorney complaints, consent to search and a whole boat load of other documents as well as the states attorneys complaint book, Illinois Law Statutes and Chicago Municipal Code.

http://www.gouldlaw.com/
    http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I need one that can jump on the internet wirelessly.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Cheech Guest
    I use the MDA. I have super nintendo, Nintendo, sega, Navigation, And any program I need

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado
    For some reason I am thinking that thwe Blackberry device has the codes for all 50 states and Feds. There is software to get you state but I am sure I have heard that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56
    I use a PDA at work for all my storage, I have all 6500000000000000000 Chicago police General Orders, Special Orders, Department Notices and what ever else they publish constantly. I also have the states attorney complaints, consent to search and a whole boat load of other documents as well as the states attorneys complaint book, Illinois Law Statutes and Chicago Municipal Code.
    damn... thats some convenient shit!
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    I need one that can jump on the internet wirelessly.
    The one I have hooks up to any wireless network.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro56
    The one I have hooks up to any wireless network.
    Heck yes.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

I have a treo 600 on the verizon network...it has Palm OS installed and I can connect to the internet, check email, etc. It's good to have, but, like I said, I'm wondering what's out there in the software relm. I've check Goulds and of course they dont have PDA apps for my state

Is it just for internet access or is it a phone as well.

Verified LEO
    The only thing is that the Palm OS isn't as user freindly as Windows Mobile. The stuuf I got like the pdf files and so on work wonderfully on my pda. One of the guys in my unit bought one after he seen mine, he got the palm OS and after about to weeks of being annoyed he swithched to the same one I got.

treo 600's and 650's are cell phones, pda's, and connect to internet.

The only thing is that the Palm OS isn't as user freindly as Windows Mobile. The stuuf I got like the pdf files and so on work wonderfully on my pda. One of the guys in my unit bought one after he seen mine, he got the palm OS and after about to weeks of being annoyed he swithched to the same one I got.
    I've heard this before. I have to say that my Palm is working pretty well, but, then again, I have nothing to compare it to. Where'd you get all the files you have on yours? Reason I ask is, I can only find about 5 or 6 Police friendly programs for the palm. If my treo happens to get broken, I'm going for a Windows based OS.

bikecop3141 is offline Officer First Class
    Since I am not verified yet, I don't know if I am allowed to answer, but if the OP is still looking for PA code, try this link:
    http://pocketpress.com/Books/Pennsylvania.htm
    They print the small books you acan carry in your pocket (duh) and also have them as e-books for PDAs. Hope this helps.

eMachine is offline Ret. Lt w/no class
    Quote Originally Posted by copiceman15601
    Blackberry baby! Its numero uno for my daily grind.

I also have a treo 700w which I never use because it gets on my dayum nerves (I hear the 650s are pretty solid) and a Palm LifeDrive which I find great for work stuff.

The blackberry and treo 700 are also phones.
    "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." - Gener Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    i use a memo book,copy machine and a selectric typwriter....pain to carry around all day..

Thread Information