Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nitestokker is offline Banned

Cool You're off duty and in a strange land......

You are off duty and traveling with your family in a strange, faraway place..........whether it is in the next county, across the country or even in a foreign country. You see a cop do something outrageous. We have all been there, even non-cops. What were the details of that encounter and what would you do different? And Why? You show me yours first and then I'll show you mine!

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestokker
    You are off duty and traveling with your family in a strange, faraway place..........whether it is in the next county, across the country or even in a foreign country. You see a cop do something outrageous. We have all been there, even non-cops. What were the details of that encounter and what would you do different? And Why? You show me yours first and then I'll show you mine!
    This answers a lot questions for me.

When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

BrickCop is offline "Shrinkage Proof"
    I'd keep on driving, especially if I was in a foreign country.
    Why no, that's not a pregnant anaconda in my pants...why do you ask?

You guys suck! I thought it was a good thread.............

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    :d
    Last edited by dlefdal; 08-01-06 at 10:48 PM.
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Wink

Aside from BrickHead and Farva, maybe I can steer this in the right direction. I was involved in a disturbance at a private residence in Oklahoma once and I clearly started it and finished it. The cops arrested HIM. I admitted to them that I whooped his ass, I didn't have a scratch on me (even though he threw me through a door), he had a broken arm and a slipped disk.....They arrested HIM and apologized to me because I was military and he wasn't....that's what they told me. WOW!

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    When I was in Germany there was no such thing as police brutality.
    My wife, the Captain, got knocked down in a crosswalk by a German driver; the cops jerked him out of his car and beat the snot of him.

Worked with a German Federal cop a couple of times on nicey, nicey stuff, community relation thinges. Everything went well and if it didnít he told them who he was and then everything got a thousand times better.

I was friends with every German cop I could find.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

I wonít even go into the cops in the Middle East.

Played darts with some in Oman that would scare the shit out of you.

between you

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    In another country, you're risking going to jail or getting the shit beat out of you. Not every country is real choked up about professional courtesy. Besides, you have zip, nada, no authority whatsoever there.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt
    In another country, you're risking going to jail or getting the shit beat out of you. Not every country is real choked up about professional courtesy. Besides, you have zip, nada, no authority whatsoever there.

That is country and/or county, folks.

between you

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly
    I wonít even go into the cops in the Middle East.

Played darts with some in Oman that would scare the shit out of you.

How did you get them to stick in the Dartboard?
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Garda is offline Policing with nothing but a smile
    well I have had mostly good interaction while abroad. 4 encounters that I can think off are as follows:

Edinburgh (Scotland): while drunk, stumbled upto a cop and had a chat for about 10 minutes before asking him why he was leaning over and realised he was holding a violent prisoner on the floor. Felt like a complete idiot but he just laughed, then a female officer arrived and told me to join their force cause I would look cute in their uniform

In S Africa I was with my force but the guys there couldnt have been nicer, took us everywhere, organised some good fun (like the shooting range and yes, I am good!) and even sorted out a very embarrasing incident for a Sergeant that was with us for which the prick didnt even apologise or thank them for.

On the other hand, while in Eastern Europe I was told to fuck off when I approached a parked patrol car and while in Thailand I was mobbed by 10 year old hookers, pimps and drug dealers. Shouted to a cop that was watching, he lit a smoke, laughed and walked away.

I have also heard from other cops about how far PC got them. 1 spent his wedding and honeymoon in agony after getting arrested and beaten in Mexico 20 odd years ago (He admits he deserved the arrest). He reckons the badge made it worse not better. Also heard another guy got robbed in Thailand, stopped the cops who demanded a bribe to get his stuff back, when he refused he was arrested and it was only when the LT saw his badge he was released.

Now cops can be pricks like everyone else but I believe these stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Hey thanks Garda - I did think of you last night as I was lying in bed

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42
    How did you get them to stick in the Dartboard?

They was realllll sharp dudes, man.

between you

timatoe127 is offline NorCal Po-Po
    Got stopped in Mexico for "running a red light", that amazingly appeared green to me,,,,anyhow, I just gave him the $40 and went on my way.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them.

Jimmy Hoffa

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly
    That is country and/or county, folks.

There's a huge, huge difference in another country and another county.

Another county would depend on the circumstances. Yeah, there are times I might step in, but I doubt it. It would take quite a bit for me to identify myself at the scene.

However, that doesn't mean it would be ignored. There is such a thing as getting your licks in and I have no problem with that. But just beating the shit out of someone because you can is something else. I would report something if I thought it went way over the line. Cops doing that to some stranger doesn't mean they won't do it to someone you know or in your family.

B

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by timatoe127
    Got stopped in Mexico for "running a red light", that amazingly appeared green to me,,,,anyhow, I just gave him the $40 and went on my way.
    When I was going to college in Tucson, a friend of mine and I went down to Nogales, Mexico. Some little Mexican apparently thought I was a lot drunker than I was because when he tried rob me with a knife, I coldcocked him. The Federales showed up mere moments later and I was in jail. My bail just happened to equal all the money I had on me plus my watch. I haven't been back to Mexico since and don't plan to.

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    I got help from two visiting italian cops while getting my ass beat by two perps on a manhattan subway once..

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt
    When I was going to college in Tucson, a friend of mine and I went down to Nogales, Mexico. Some little Mexican apparently thought I was a lot drunker than I was because when he tried rob me with a knife, I coldcocked him. The Federales showed up mere moments later and I was in jail. My bail just happened to equal all the money I had on me plus my watch. I haven't been back to Mexico since and don't plan to.

I would not put federales in the same group as law enforcement officers.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

bmf95b is offline PATROL DEPUTY
    I was in reynosa mexico walking in the plaza. i saw two guys going at it in a fist fight. The reynosa cops ran up, pulled out the night sticks and beat the living hell out of on guy, and cuffed the other and hauled him off. who knows where. The other guy laied in a bloody mess.
    then an other time in mexico i saw a cop swat the crap out of a boy with a horse swicth(whip) for trying to take candy.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestokker
    You show me yours first and then I'll show you mine!
    OH REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY??

i showed some already.. its your turn lol

ah ok... i was backpacking alone down in baja mexico... i walked into some of the police and they thought it funny to take my food and my knife and send me packing.... i ate cactus for a day till i made it to the shore where i got some clams and found a town the next day after that.. but no knife was scarey with the wild dogs down there...
    i guess i am thankful they didnt rape me or something stupid like that...
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped