Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by fscf3801 View Post
    I shut down production in a Chyrsler plant in Canada for a week....
    OOPS

"Stupid should hurt."

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Had a few that I was told I did really well on some tough cases. But two really stand out other than that.

One was my first arrest, when I had a pursuit when I was in FTO. My FTO was riding and I was driving. This guy tried like hell to ditch me but he couldn't lose me on the back ass country roads. Most of the guys that run from us don't think the city PD guys can drive in the country even though it's a rural area and almost all of us grew up here. At the end of that I was the only car when it ended, but my backup was my father (Same department, and was on the same shift) There was something cool as hell to see him come rolling up while I've got the guy proned at gunpoint.

The second was an off duty thing where there were four guys in a car running around the county lighting barns on fire. There were only two deputies in the county and it was close, so I grabbed my gear and hopped in my truck, called my buddies working county and told them I was out. A couple hours later I catch them coming from another fire and follow them until the cavalry gets to us and takes em down. By the time all was said and done there were 9 or 10 barns destroyed in two different counties and probably 40 cops out looking for them. I got a huge "atta boy" from both County Sheriff's and the FD guys.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Well I must say the first proud moment was when I was a rookie and I can still see it as it happened last week. In 1974 i received a call to a residence where a female was threatening suicide, well she was also going to take her two childern with her.This was before SWAT,negociators or bullet resistant vests, so I get there and find her husband drunk as a skunk at at 0800hrs. well my sgt got there and back-up. I talked to the woman through the door and gained entrance into the bedroom where she was. I was able to talk to her for about 30 min. and was able to have her hand my the .38. All was well kids went to school, old man went to jail for being drunk(this was before domestic violence laws). Yup on of my best moments.No atta-boy, no good days just pure satisfaction.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I am just loving reading these stories. We have a lot of heroes on this board. Great stories guys/and gals. WTG! Thanks for sharing
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    We have a lot of heroes on this board.
    I don't consider myself one. Just doing my job is all.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    My proudest moment was,,,, walking in the door at home after a STRESSFUL day at work,,, a pursuit, car crashed, suspect came up shooting, he put one through my windshield and another one at me. He lost the gun fight. A deputy and I ended his miserable life. I am not proud that I took a life,, I am proud that I was able to go home that afternoon.

JohnnyRotten is offline Rentacop trainer
    My proudest moment has to be the day one of my students came up to me and said "Cap'n, I want to thank you. Something I learned in your class saved my life last night. Throughout the whole fight all I could hear was your voice telling me what to do and telling me not to give up."

I damn near cried. I had said the same words to my mentor about 8 years prior to that incident. It's why I became an instructor in the first place.
    "My motivation is slipping, people bug me, and I'm tired of wasting my time on drivel."

- Rep. Otis Pike (D - NY)

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    I don't consider myself one. Just doing my job is all.
    I understand, but I am sure to someone else, you are their hero.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al491 View Post
    My proudest moment was,,,, walking in the door at home after a STRESSFUL day at work,,, a pursuit, car crashed, suspect came up shooting, he put one through my windshield and another one at me. He lost the gun fight. A deputy and I ended his miserable life. I am not proud that I took a life,, I am proud that I was able to go home that afternoon.
    WOW!!! I bet you were more than proud "LUCKY and RELIEVED comes to my mind... I hope you didn't lose any sleep over this incident. It sucks, but going 0-100 in this line of work happens more often.... Glad ur OK

hemicop is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Proudest moment? About 25 years ago I went to a child abuse call. This 3 yr old blond haired, blue-eyed child had a bruise on her back from Mom's boyfriend beating her with his belt. The Harley- Davidson logo from the buckle was clearly visible. The child told us who did it then said "I can roll a joint! Wanna see me?" I told the babysitter & her we were going to take her someplace where he could never do that again. the little girl hugged me so hard she almost choked me. That alone makes it all worthwhile.

deputy29 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    If I had the time when I was on patrol I'd stop by I'd stop by to watch the kids playing ball in Boy's and Girl's Club or Little League. There was this one boy that never had any family there because they were too busy getting drunk. I made a point of finding out when his games were and tried to stop by at least for a few minutes to cheer him on. My proudest moment was when this boy grew up and got hired in LE, went to the academy and then asked me to pin his badge on. I'm so proud of him.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    When I first tied my own shoelaces and they stayed done up. That was last month, nothing much has happened since.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

I have caught many "WANTED" people in my time and foiled a few evil plots, but then again thats what I thought thats what we were paid to do. I believe my greatest moment is everyday that I get to come to work, put on that badge and do the greatest job in the world. I serve in a community of some of the best people I have ever met. I felt the same in the Army, when that uniform was on, it was something bigger then me. Strength and Honor
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    I don't have a proudest, but can list a couple of "good" times

When I was made a pipe bearer.
    Being in 7 International Karate Mags.
    When I graduated from the Academy.
    Working 26 hours straight and getting 3 1st degree murders, on one case...that I was called out for.......and got them all.
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

CopsRCool302 Guest
    I Know, Im not a Cop, but being on LEF and among Law Enforcement friends, that is a blessing in my life.

I will always respect and honor you all for keeping Us all safe!

To the Fallen Officers, I believe they can all see us, and they are so happy that we are a family here!

Besides my wife and son, I never had a family..

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTim View Post
    I have caught many "WANTED" people in my time and foiled a few evil plots, but then again thats what I thought thats what we were paid to do. I believe my greatest moment is everyday that I get to come to work, put on that badge and do the greatest job in the world. I serve in a community of some of the best people I have ever met. I felt the same in the Army, when that uniform was on, it was something bigger then me. Strength and Honor
    And some you haven't. You can ask CountyFourteen, I don't bite.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

cptdragon is offline Beware the Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly View Post
    Got out of bed this morning.

Got to go home at the end of the shift
    Master Mason 32 - Howard Lodge #69
    Originally posted by SeriousStudent
    "Granny wasn't always this smart. Once she played deaf to a cop, and got to ride the lightening. They didn't have those fancy phasers set on stun in my day. No sir, you took the barbs and did the kickin' chicken!"

JoeBob is offline Dog boy
    Now a story from the new guy....

I got a call that a 2 month old infant wasnt breathing, and I was right aroung the corner. When I pulled up the mother ran up screaming, handing me her lifeless baby. He wasnt breathing and didnt have a pulse, so I did CPR for approx 5 minutes until EMS arrived. The ER Doctor told my Sgt the CPR kept the little dude alive.
    Turns out, the father shook the baby so hard his little heart stopped. He was 2 months old and had a broken leg, cracked ribs and vertebrae damage. Anyway, he is alive today. That is my proudest work related moment.

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    I just remembered another moment that gave me a warm and fuzzy. Several years ago I worked a domestic between parents and a daughter. They had been going on and on and weren't getting anywhere with their teenage daughter. So, they call 911. I get there and I'm met by the parents, and they invite me in. When I get inside I notice a little girl who is happily coloring away in her coloring book at the kitchen table. Me and the parents go into the back of the house to the teen daughters room and I do my stuff. I try to figure out what went on, why was she showing her butt, etc. And the truth be told, I don't remember anything about that conversation now. But what I do remember is that little girl and her coloring book. When I got done and started to leave, she came up to me. She pulled on my pants leg to get my attention and says:"Thank you peeseman for making my family stop fighting. I made something for you." And she handed me a duck that she colored in while I was there. Here is a pic:

I keep that duck in the same binder with all my awards and certifications and to be honest, that means more to me than anything else I have in there. Moments like those are few and far between in LE. But those are the ones that keep me going.
    Last edited by MonsterMash; 10-02-06 at 09:48 AM.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information