Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Your proudest moment

We all have our ups and downs with our job. BUT, I want you to tell us what your biggest "up" was. What moment in your career did you feel the proudest??

You save a life? Stop a crime in progress? Arrest/get a conviction on a high profile/high risk suspect? Or was it simply the first day you put on your uniform, looked in the mirror and realized you finally met the ultimate goal of your life?

I know most cops (I know I am anyway) are pretty modest, and don't like to gloat, but this is your opportunity!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

AGalCop is offline Between Rookie and Ol' Timer
    My highest point at work was arresting a murder suspect, found him hiding in some bushes. My highest points in my personal life were the births of my twins and my daughter!

nitestokker is offline Banned

Unhappy

A trooper in Norfolk, Nebraska who died in the line of duty. I represented my agency at the funeral. Two cars wide for about five miles. I think the procession was the largest ever in Nebraska. I shed tears for him and me at the same time.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    When I graduated from the academy, we had the option to have someone from the academy or a family member, etc. pin our badge on our uniform. I had my mom pin mine on for me. I would say that that was the proudest moment.

"Stupid should hurt."

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    I have gotten 7 different people for 1st Degree Murder with charges approved through the detective division (which didn't really matter much to me because they were all gang related shootings). One of the ones that hit a homer though was a guy who had his 1970 Olds 442 stolen from infront of his house about 2 months ago. Not to long after the call about 6 miles away the Olds was seen cruising down the street. The guy was taken into custody without incident. When we notified the owner he was happy as hell, when he got to the station to sign complaints and so on, he was in tears. It was learned that the car was given to him as a graduation gift in 1970 by his father, who had passed away from cancer. He and his old man used to go cruising every Sunday in it, so it meant a lot to him. The only reason it was on the street was he had a party in his yard and garage and he put the car out front and didn't move it back in. Luckily the only damage the car got was the column being peeled.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    This is one of thos bizarre things that sometimes happens in LE. A guy kidnapped his 7 y/o daughter in Texas. He stopped in my town to place a call to a relative. Relative knows whats going on, and has caller ID. He/she takes the number, calls the investigator in Texas and says "He just called me from X number." The investigator traces the number through the operator and found out it came from here. He also gets the direct number to 911 and calls so they will put out a BOLO. The BOLO goes out and an officer says "Hey, I just saw those two at McDonalds. He asked for directions." Sure enough, they are still there and we roll up 5 deep to save the day.

Thing is, the guy threatened to kill himself and that little girl if they were approached by officers. The investigator in Texas said he will have a bottle of some kind of tranqulizer (sp?) in his shirt pocket. Sure enough, he had a type of horse tranq in a decent sized hand sanitizer bottle. The plan was, they were both going to drink half. He was gonna make her drink half, then he was gonna get the other half. I was the first one to him and had him covered before he could do anything.

Saving that little girl made me feel all warm and fuzzy. And in this job we don't get many warm and fuzzy moments.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Got out of bed this morning.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

keith720 is online now Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    My proudest moment was when my oldest daughter was 15. She was in a championship soccer game, and I had to work. I was able to get off early, and saw her score the winning point. When she got the trophy and saw me, she ran over for a hug. I told her how proud of her I was, and she said she didn't care about the trophy, the best thing was that I was there! Then, last spring, when she graduated from college, I saw her looking for me in the crowd of thousands, and when she saw me, she stood up in the middle of the ceremony to wave to me. She's 23, and I'm still a proud Dad.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    Proudest moment was when I first got sworn in. The in-progress stuff is awsome when you catch a bad guy that really needs an ass - whoopin' but, I still remember that very first time I was seen in uniform, in my car.

I remember this time when there was a caravan of about 4 of us rolling code 3 to a call. I was towards the end and when we made this turn, I saw 3 or 4 little boys standing on the corner and the looks on their faces were amazing as they watched us scream past them with lights and sirens.

That's when I knew I was bitten by the bug.

When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Being sworn was definitely a good one. Graduating from my military high school was about even with that.

On the job, I have had two. Receiving a unit citation for being involved in a chase wherein we were being fired at. The citation also encompassed all the investigators that worked the case and culminated in charging the guy for two counts of murder one (sources led us to two fresh bodies of tweakers he's wiped), attempted 2nd degree murder (of an LEO.....us), and Conspiracy to Commit murder one (a botched incident that led to our chase.) A close second was rolling up on a huge fire at a car dealership. I was coordinating fire apparatus in when I heard glass breaking from behind the dealership. I thought someone might be trapped inside, so I headed towards the back. Turns out to be an arson, and I get into a footchase with the shithead. Through the lo, and over a barbed wire fence, where my cover cars were able to snare him. I had some minor smoke inhalation, and got cut up pretty bad on the barbed fence, but it was worth it. Got a letter from the police chief of the town it occurred in (I was just out of our city on a traffic stop when I noticed the smoke).
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Ivory is offline Grrr I hate not working for a jail.....
    Giving birth to my little baby girl and holding her up on my chest.....the best moment that i will ever remember.
    Life is a fleeting memory,
    It come and goes,
    But one thing will always remain.
    That is History.
    ~Erin~

I'm not an officer yet, but I've been involved in a lot of LE related things. I figured I'd throw my proudest moment out. When I was an explorer we would host a police appreciation ceremony each May and honor fallen MI officers, as well as a locak Park Ranger, Kris Eggle who was killed in Arizona. At our first ceremony, the Ranger's parents and family were there. As the ceremony came to a close I took the rose that was representing Kris and presented it to his mother, when I went to give it to her she broke into tears and grabbed me in this huge hug, just sobbing, "thank you" over and over again. After her tears stopped she explained that since it had been a few years since his death it was like everyone had forgotten and for us to remember was something really special to her. So far thats been one of my proudest moments.

I look forward to finally being able to step up to the ranks of an "actual" police officer in a few years. I know the road is rocky, and most days the world is kicking ya in the ass, but it's something I'm still excited about. I guess its supposed to be that way.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    I shut down production in a Chyrsler plant in Canada for a week....

ghost98 is offline BEEN THERE BUT NOT EVERYWHERE
    tooo many i'll get back to u....just cant decide which one to write about...

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ghost98 View Post
    tooo many i'll get back to u....just cant decide which one to write about...
    Like to toot your own horn huh.....

no.. didnt mean it like that. just looking for one that has the most meaning to me. its hard to compare.:

Ghost, writing about the biggest poop you took doesn't count, okay?

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

ok. sorry i thought it did.......

Bosco3379 is offline I'm the one in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by dlefdal View Post
    Ghost, writing about the biggest poop you took doesn't count, okay?

Damn, I guess I got nothing now too
    Former member of the LNC

Will take verbal abuse for spare change

Some Of My Wicked Awesome Signature Banners

No Bosco, for Canadians it's okay. They don't have much anyways so you have to write about what you can, you know

J/K buddy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information