Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Surefire L7 for primary. Best flashlight I have ever owned. Maglight 2D with LED upgrade and another surefire for secondary. Maglights are heavy. My L7 is lighter, smaller, and a lot more powerful than my maglight. 100 lumens with great battery life is hard to beat.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    The Maglights were great lights in their time but to me the weight of them in comparision to the brightness is the main reason that I stopped carrying mine and switched to Streamlight. I now use the Ultrastinger and strion for duty. I actually have two strions one on my belt and one in the charger so if the belt light goes dead I just switch. I mainly only use the ultrastinger now if I an going to be searching an open area. Ialso carry the Streamlight Stylus in my uniform pocket and have an M6 on my duty weapon.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I got away from MagLights years ago because they seemed more delicate than the SL20. Seems to me I don't have nearly the trouble out of the SL20 that I did with the Mag.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    I have several I use and carry. In my right cargo pocket is a SF C2 with a led drop-in. in my left cargo pocket is a SF E2E. ON my belt is a Insight Typhoon (Gladius clone). I also carry in my patrol bag a Pelican 7060 led, I also have a TigerLight, a modified SL20, SL20XP led and I also have a SF M3 and extra batteries for all of these.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    In car: SL-20
    On bat belt: Gladius
    Home: SF M3
    In personal car: Maglight 3D

In the policy, do train with it as a backup strike tool in conjunction with DT training.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Home Streamlight Original SL-20
    Boat Streamlight SL-20X
    Car Streamlight Ultra Stinger
    Pocket Surefire 6P or S&W Delta Force Black Tactical Flashlight
    also have Nova 6 LED light

No Duty light I am Retired

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    is this a record for "thread resurrection?' it had been dead for almost 2 years, and then it pulls the ultimate lazurus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    In car: Streamlight SL-20X
    On belt: new PolyStinger
    Off duty: Streamlight TL-3
    At home: 3D Maglight, 2D Maglight, Streamlight Propolymer 4AA LED

On a side note the Polystinger was purchased from an online company that shall receive no endorsement from me, so henceforth and forever more

SHOP BAUMSHOE!!!
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

jato is offline Deputy Sheriff
    My question is what flashlight do you use on duty & also does your dept. have a "use of force"policy regarding flashlights ? Also what lights do you use "off duty" ?
    We are issued a 5x D-cell Maglite.

However, nobody carries the massive Maglite. Most deputies buy and use their own. Many different flashlights are purchased and used. Popular ones include the Streamlight SL-20, Surefire models and Streamlight Stinger.

For duty I carry a SL-20 for primary and a Surefire 6p for backup. Off duty I carry my 6p.

Our force policy says our flashlights are the same as any other impact weapon (optionally we still carry saps too).

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    In car: Streamlight SL-20X
    On belt: new PolyStinger
    Off duty: Streamlight TL-3
    At home: 3D Maglight, 2D Maglight, Streamlight Propolymer 4AA LED

On a side note the Polystinger was purchased from an online company that shall receive no endorsement from me, so henceforth and forever more

SHOP BAUMSHOE!!!
    Thanks for the Love! Before going to the Gladius, I had the Metal Streamlight Stinger, and that was a good light, the Poly is a little nicer because of the plastic casing, doesnt get as cold when holding on to it in the cold weather. Batteries last about 2 years before the rechargable battery stops holding a decent charge.

Hope the Light does you well!

JAYBIRD33081 is offline CAT: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    looks like i need to do some upgrading from my maglites lol lol

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Q for Baumshoes.

On the Pelican 7060 (been trying to narrow down between Stinger LED and this one and found a lighting form website discussion that for me will favor the Pelican vs the LED Stinger-despite that cool strobe cap) I ant to buy from you guys for the price and as O/R supporters.. but I was wondering does that include a holster for the light too? What do you recommend for it?
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by depusm12 View Post
    ON my belt is a Insight Typhoon (Gladius clone).
    If I recall correctly, I think I read where Ken Goode wrote that Insight actually manufactures the Gladius. They licensed it to sell under their own name as well. So it's not a "clone" but is the Gladius with someone else's name on it.

I love the Gladius. I recently got the upgraded LED for the Gladius I carry at work. It's a great light, durable, and very effective. Night-Ops will upgrade your Insight light but it voids any Insight Warranty. Night-Ops will still cover what they did for the upgrade.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by depusm12 View Post
    I have several I use and carry. In my right cargo pocket is a SF C2 with a led drop-in. in my left cargo pocket is a SF E2E. ON my belt is a Insight Typhoon (Gladius clone). I also carry in my patrol bag a Pelican 7060 led, I also have a TigerLight, a modified SL20, SL20XP led and I also have a SF M3 and extra batteries for all of these.
    Off duty I carry a SF A2 Aviator and a SF E2E with a SF Kxx2 led head or my SF modified L2.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    If I could find one I would carry a bright green maglight but here in the Detroit area they dont come in green.....wonder why??
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by OffDuty View Post
    Q for Baumshoes.

On the Pelican 7060 (been trying to narrow down between Stinger LED and this one and found a lighting form website discussion that for me will favor the Pelican vs the LED Stinger-despite that cool strobe cap) I ant to buy from you guys for the price and as O/R supporters.. but I was wondering does that include a holster for the light too? What do you recommend for it?

HEY OD,

It comes with a nylon holster, open top and bottom, top of the flash light flares and that holds it in the holster

It is a nice set up, we sold many to the west coast. I had the light in hand and loved it, I went with the Blackhawk gladius because of th strobe but th 7060 was the next on my list because of the quality of light and length of use time

Any q's send me a pm

-D
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information