Results 21 to 26 of 26
Thread: Do you like your job?
10-30-06, 01:07 PM #21
Please post the following:
1) What type of LEo Are you? State Trooper, Metro, Fed etc.
Municipal Police Officer
2) Do you have a family? Kids?
Nope. A girlfriend, and I'm getting a puppy hopefully this week
3) Do you like your job?
4) Can you support your family from JUST your income?
Well, being as it's me, a dog, and a greedy girlfriend who likes gold jewelery.....yes. I just don't buy my girlfriend any jeweleryNo one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13
"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".
We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.
11-01-06, 12:23 PM #22
Love being a cop, but I am federal uniformed and I hate it, I love being on the street and can't wait to be back there again. paid is alright you will never be rich.S.W.A.T Maximum Violents
11-05-06, 04:15 AM #23
2) Got a fiance' I've been with for five years (almost like a permanent engagement), no kids, though I do have her cat to deal with.
3) I like it, and I've done a lot worse for the money. This isn't a bad deal, and I enjoy it. I'm doing this by choice, not by necessity. Personally, I'm a corporate world drop-out who came to LE from another career because this field always appealed to me and I hated sitting at a desk.
4) Yes. We own a house, we don't have debt beyond our mortgage, and I play in the mountains on the weekend. My fiance is a full-time student without a job, and I don't think we hurt on the finances. Like anything else, you have to live within your means. You won't be rich doing this job, but you might like your life more.
BUT, if you are looking into joining this profession, realize that it isn't for everyone. I like my job, and most of the officers on this site do as well. However, you have to know if it will work for you (some of this you can't figure out until you try it). Personally, I don't mind the weird hours (they actually work better for me), my fiance isn't overly concerned about me working a "dangerous" job, I like the variety, and I don't mind getting down and dirty. If you have a spouse that you value, be sure to discuss this with them to make sure they can handle you doing this job.
11-05-06, 07:17 AM #24
"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky
"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk
Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.
A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."
God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.
11-08-06, 09:46 AM #25
deputy sheriff- county with two medium size towns.
yes, wife and four kids.
yes, love my job. love the freedom and good equipment. most of the time i am assisting the city units with calls because the county is pretty quiet. can work all the traffic you want. the Sheriff is a good man who looks out for us.
yes, but is would be hard. my wife is a school teacher and makes way more than i do."you messin' with a Sheriff now." from the movie "Colors"
11-19-06, 07:38 PM #26A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..
Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)