Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nick122590 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    I used to have some very violent neighbors. They were constantly threatening to kill each other and their kids. This would go on 24/7. This caught us off guard at first and we called the police because it sounded like someone was going to end up murdered.
    As time went by we got used to the "carnival" next door. One day it was unusually violent. They were throwing the son's bicycle at each other inside the house. We called again. The officer told them we were the ones that called. Two of my truck windows were shot out shortly after that.
    isnt there rules about saying who called unless you have to go to court or something?

pharmer is offline Legal Dealer
    This isn't real bad, but I've seen it happen more than once... Marked car pulls up to red light, stops, sees if clear, turns on the blue lights, proceeds through the intersection and turns lights off... not in a hurry or anything...

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Sometimes the quickest way to get somewhere is by not looking like you're in a hurry. Look no further than the "OMG, lights and siren!!!?" thread. Navigating traffic with lights and siren often sounds a lot trying to shove steel wool through a straw.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
    This isn't real bad, but I've seen it happen more than once... Marked car pulls up to red light, stops, sees if clear, turns on the blue lights, proceeds through the intersection and turns lights off... not in a hurry or anything...
    I thought the same thing until I became the driver of one of those marked cars

Sometimes you are in a hurry to get to a call but you aren't going wide open. Pull up, check the intersection, bump the lights and go. The post above also has merit.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    One of the worst things I can remember is hearing an officer talk about a single vehicle auto accident victim in the victim’s presence and referring to him with a racial slur, several times. It was as if the person was not even there. I remember thinking how humiliated the victim must have been but he never said a word. That officer was one of the most prejudiced people I have ever known and it eventually got him fired.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nick122590 View Post
    isnt there rules about saying who called unless you have to go to court or something?
    Nope.

nick122590 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by berserk View Post
    Nope.
    i think there should be. it can start alot of tention or like someone else said about vandalism

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Commonsense dictates in that situation. I won't identify complainants who wish not to be unless required to do so per DA or for prosecution purposes. If that is ever the case I specifically notify the complainant. At that point the "suspect" is not even notified that the information will be contained in the report. I'll leave that up to the suspects attorney and his discovery. The suspect receives no such information from me.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    ok, two different levels of 'bad' here. One, I work (as most of you know) at a closed site, admittance by decal or displayed pass only. It's happened a few times that an off-duty will come through in their POV, no decal, no pass, nothing at all displayed, and when we make a move to have them stop they slam their badge against their window and drive through. We can't even verify that it's a real badge before they're gone. Only reason I know it's legit (in one case) is because when he looked at me from over the top of his badge against the window I recognized him. Our city's animal control officer. Real classy move there.

The absolute most despicable thing I've ever seen personally seen, our sheriff demanded a deputy's resignation because it was politically expedient. He was cleaning house in one squad, but the deputy had done nothing at all wrong and the subsequent investigation bore that out. However, it's on record that the deputy resigned during an investigation and as such he's finding it difficult to get on with a good department.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There is a nearby agency that does that thing with the badge. They flip it out the window with the window down about an inch.

A salty Trooper told me the best way to handle that is to grab it, and they can have it back when you conclude the stop.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

berserk is offline The reason they do psych evals
    Verified LEO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nick122590 View Post
    i think there should be. it can start alot of tention or like someone else said about vandalism
    I can see that, but there's another side to consider. If people are able to sic the police on whomever they please without attaching their own names to the action, then we are often reduced to a convenient tool to be used to harass one's neighbors. For every legitimate call for service I've had involving a neighborhood dispute, there's ten unfounded complaints.

With a few exceptions, I think people who aren't willing to attach their names to a complaint shouldn't bother calling. People have every right to know who is making allegations against them. I'm there to keep the peace and enforce the law, not to act out the whims of either the RP or the suspect.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    I watched a Sgt of mine park his car in a fire lane because he was late for work. 2 hours later, his car is still there and another car parks behind him. He went out, moved his car and issued the other car a parking ticket. I was so pissed I did a little behind the scenes work to get the ticket pulled before the other guy paid it.
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information