Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    I love the ones who have lived there for 20 years and know one way home, and I love the idiots who pull right up to the roadblock, then sit there for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to manage the situation.
    Like rats in a maze.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Like rats in a maze.

Yep. I don't get it. How do you live somewhere for years and only know one way there? Now granted, there are places that, at least when you get close, only have one way in and out. My last apartment was like that. There were a half dozen ways to the road, but when you got to a certain point, there was only one road to the complex. But most places aren't like that. Hell, I can take any one of at least 5 ways to my house, and I live out in the sticks.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    Yep. I don't get it. How do you live somewhere for years and only know one way there? Now granted, there are places that, at least when you get close, only have one way in and out. My last apartment was like that. There were a half dozen ways to the road, but when you got to a certain point, there was only one road to the complex. But most places aren't like that. Hell, I can take any one of at least 5 ways to my house, and I live out in the sticks.
    Throw one little obstacle in their daily routine , they panic and shutdown.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Throw one little obstacle in their daily routine , they panic and shutdown.

:sheep2:

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Im strangely fascinated blocking a roadway. Idiots amuse me. I used to get upset at people trying to get around my roadblock. Now I write them tickets, not like I can't block the road and write them. Most pissed off people to ever get a ticket. I honestly don't think a ticket for any charge pisses people off more than a ticket for going around a roadblock. If I have to write a ticket, I take a picture of the roadblock to bring to court. I love showing the judge exactly what the moron tried to get around.

When Pan Am flight 759 crashed in Kenner in 1982,I was made acting shift commander.We had the crash area blocked off the best we could but were short on barricades.We were having a bad problem with rubberneckers that wanted to see the "crash" read:the gore,and there was plenty,I stationed an officer on a corner with 1 barricade to block 2 streets,and told him if anyone entered the crash sight it was his ass,as we still had pieces to pick up and catalouge as best we could.He later called me and said he needed a couple more ticket booksSeems when someone would try to go around the barricade,he would let them go about halfway,stop/write no questions asked.Than as they backed out he would watch the headlights,and move the barricade to the next street and write them ANOTHER citation.They would try to complain the barricade wasn't there a minute ago, and he would say "you callin me a liar??"Love ya Code 3 Kelly,think he wrote about 30 cites that night.

North Dakota just had to increase their fines for people driving on the closed interstate when they shut it down because of weather. Cause people are stupid enough to drive around the closed sign and then whine when when they're stuck and LE either doesn't come or it takes 8 hours. doh!
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    We just experienced a whole new level of crazy stupidity in the DC area. We got hit fast and hard with a really nasty snow storm Wednesday night. The federal government, trying to help, dismissed all it's employees two hours early... just as the storm really wound up.

Yeah, gridlock. Everyone in the world was saying "stay put, wait it out, don't get on the roads" because the plow/snow treatment folks couldn't move, either. (In the space of 30 minutes, I went from "nah, don't need chains" to "need chains NOW!") Thursday was spent towing cars abandoned on the roadway... People would just leave their car wherever it was... I came across about 3 in the #2 or #3 lanes on a four lane interstate, for example. I figure some of them aren't going to find out where their cars are until the tow company tries to locate them prior to auctioning it...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information