Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Dispatch 239 to 608
    Unit 608 go ahead
    Dispatch Head out to the backside of nowhere and assist the driver of a vehicle that is broken down.
    Unit Did the driver advise what was wrong? Is he a traffic hazard?
    Dispatch Negative on a traffic hazard. Driver advised he was just driving home from fishing and his battery went dead.

Can someone say mechanic or AAA? I have had more than one person become down right irate when I've had to leave them broken down after a lengthy amount of time to go to a hot call. "So you're just going to leave me here?" I want to tell them had they called a mechanic or tow truck to start with they would have been gone by then.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And of course.....

Unlocking vehicles!!!! I am not a personal unlock service!! Get a spare key made!!! I have three just for my unit!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Pudge is offline Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    And of course.....

Unlocking vehicles!!!! I am not a personal unlock service!! Get a spare key made!!! I have three just for my unit!

50% of my call volume on day shifts are unlocking cars. Anymore, if I can't get it in 5 minutes, I can't get it. Tough shit, call a tow truck and pay a pro.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    And of course.....

Bastard. You should be ashamed for stealing jobs. Locksmith jobs all over the U.S. are going overseas because of do-gooders like you. Not to mention you can get your agency sued if anything is messed up afterwards. Yeah, unless there is an infant in there they are paying someone.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm so glad we don't unlock cars.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The only unlock service I provide involves shattering a window. Nobody takes me up on that offer

I wish school civics lessons involved the difference between civil and criminal law.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    The only unlock service I provide involves shattering a window. Nobody takes me up on that offer
    Strange that.

Say, reminds me of something from years ago. If a motorist locks themself out is there any ban on them breaking into their own car?

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    I'm so glad we don't unlock cars.
    Same here. The only exception is if there's a baby locked inside and there's some kind of weather factor. Other than that, "start Mark's for a lockout".
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Strange that.

Say, reminds me of something from years ago. If a motorist locks themself out is there any ban on them breaking into their own car?

Nope. You bought it, break it.

We have a release that we make them sign, that I'm sure could be defeated if someone really wanted to push it.

I've walked away, gotten in my car, and driven off when someone refuses to sign the release. Sucks to be them.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Unlocks. Drives me up the wall. Your ass did it. Pay the man. I bet you don't do it again then.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Nope. You bought it, break it.
    Words to live by! Wish you ran Apple.

The neuron holding this memory hadn't fired for many a year and I'm still not sure if I'm remembering right. It was off campus, but it may well have been campus security all the same. Just an odd moment - officer saw me breaking in, we talked, ID shown, etc, and as I went back to it he said he couldn't let me continue, that I needed to call a locksmith. Then he wished me a good day and drove off. So got me wondering how things are around the cities, states, globe. So not a big deal I'd forgotten all about it, just curious.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We do unlocks on non-electric locks only.

Electric locks only for "baby inside" or "crook inside."
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I have trouble with the "Come Raise My Child For Me" calls. You know little Johnny or Janie won't behave; go to bed; go to school or what ever.

I usually end up asking the parent "Who's house is this? If it's yours start running it!"

Of course this concern for their child's behavior usually is starting several years to late. Had they been raised with discipline & a parental role model they could've respected, I wouldn't be there in the 1st place.

But then again, I'm just a hairy legged redneck when it comes to such things.
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    NOT my call sign, not even close

Dispatch :unit 1234, respond to the area of Mc... and D... caller reports a Ford Taurus {whatever color} has an offensive bumper sticker

Me: Um ok, really? Clear the call, Im in the area Nothing offensive here
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    as far as the bicycles, we have dispatch leave a message for the street department to pick them up the next day...

As far as the Fire Dept. we have been dispatched a few times to check out calls, but the F.D. monitors our frequency, and buts in and tells dispatch they are responding..I guess they have to show that their existence for full-time is warranted...80% of there 400 yearly calls are bullshit calls, that could have saved the tax-payers a shitload of cash..
    the youngest guy on the department cleared $60,000 last year, because of BULLSHIT overtime being called in for stupid ass calls that we could of cleared.

Hell, just last week they toned the whole fucking station in because someone had a fucking bat in their house.
    We carry a folgers coffee can in the trunk of our cruisers for bat calls, but the F.D. got called for it this time, and it costs the city a shitload of money for guys milking the overtime....

one of the more recent calls that seemed to be a trend anymore is people calling and bitching to us that "their friend" on facebook is posting rude stuff about them, and talking about them..WTF....DELETE THEM..people are fucking ignorant sometimes!!!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    one of the more recent calls that seemed to be a trend anymore is people calling and bitching to us that "their friend" on facebook is posting rude stuff about them, and talking about them..WTF....DELETE THEM..people are fucking ignorant sometimes!!!

Yeah, that's happened around here too.

On "Unruly juvenile" calls I've also had to use the phrase, "Get your ass off of Farmville and raise your kids instead of fake crops"...it seemed appropriate at the time considering that the woman was doing more harvesting than paying attention to me being there.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Wait a minute...you guys have a full time FD and they only run 400 calls a year?????

Holy shit!!!

I think our FD runs something like 4,000 calls a year and there was very brief talk about switching to volunteer.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

pharmer is offline Legal Dealer
    I think this was on another thread about resource officers... but unless weapons are involved or somebody goes to the hospital, fights at schools.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I think I have one that tops em all:

While I'm working Walmart tonight, I'm walking around talking to my wife on the phone. This girl-16 or so-says "Excuse me officer, there's no toilet tissue in the bathroom". I gave her a quizzical look (while composing myself) and point her in the direction of a manager. WTF? Apparently, I'm not only responsible for security here, but I have to refill the toilet paper, too.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

cinman1802000 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    My lockout gear?

I refer to it as my B.F.R. tool

B.F.R.= Big F%$king Rock
    "If everything is under control, you're just not going fast enough"---Mario Andretti

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information