Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

What shouldn't cops do?

As a LEO I have gotten used to the phrase, "If it's not on fire call the cops." Hell now I get called to fires too. So, what does the public think that cops just shouldn't do. If you want a gold star tell us who should do what you say the cops shouldn't and why. GO!!!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Oh man. I have a long list.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Anything involving a complaint about cold McNuggets. *Unless they're being used as a WMD

Next?

IMGreat101 is online now The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    As a LEO I have gotten used to the phrase, "If it's not on fire call the cops." Hell now I get called to fires too. So, what does the public think that cops just shouldn't do. If you want a gold star tell us who should do what you say the cops shouldn't and why. GO!!!
    In defense of police presence at fires. While a neighbors house was burning, the outbuildings were being ransacked by "vultures".
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    In defense of police presence at fires. While a neighbors house was burning, the outbuildings were being ransacked by "vultures".

Oh no, that's not where he was going with that one. I can relate to his remark. It's when we're called, and the Big Red Trucks aren't.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We have to pick up abandoned BIKES.

All of our cars have scratches all over the trunks and rear fenders from picking up bikes. I'd like to know who even thinks to call the cops when someone drops a bike in their yard. I'd just roll it up to my dumpster. Second of all, typically the bikes are on PRIVATE PROPERTY. Or at least on the person's boulevard or sidewalk, which is public but maintained by the homeowner.

I've said several times if abandoned bikes are such a problem (our dayshifters normally pick up 2,3 bikes in a week) why not have the STREET department (who maintains the sidewalks and streets obviously) roll around once a week in a truck and pick up all the bikes that have been called in? Or, tell the call takers to pound sand and get rid of their new bike if they don't want it.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Dispatch - 239 to 600...
    Me - 600 go ahead...
    Dispatch - I need you to be enroute to 12345 xxxxxxxx st in reference to verifying a structure, grass, car (etc) fire....
    Me - I would have thought that was what the fire department was for
    Dispatch - Us too. Caller advised they were passing by and thought they saw what might be a fire. EOC wants us to check it before dispatching the FD.

Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Dispatch - 239 to 600...
    Me - 600 go ahead...
    Dispatch - I need you to be enroute to 12345 xxxxxxxx st in reference to verifying a structure, grass, car (etc) fire....
    Dispatch - Us too. Caller advised they were passing by and thought they saw what might be a fire. EOC wants us to check it before dispatching the FD.

I got sent the one of those once.

My partner and I got an award for pulling a guy out of the building that was on fire. BOO YAH!!! The FD was all pissy because they missed out.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Fire rolls on everything here, and usually in a group of 50.

I agree with jmur on bicycles, though.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    5351[Me at the time]
    5351: Go ahead
    Be enroute to such and such on two horses acting inappropriately.
    5351: Come again dispatch? (yes that was intentional)
    This will is possible a signal 69 complaint (vice, evidently an admin had a sense of humor when that was assigned)
    5351: Dispatch I'm on scene. Be advised it looks like the suspects are just horsing around.

Yeah sure that is funny. However it added about 6 min to my response on a wreck with possible injuries right after I cleared.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    5351[Me at the time]
    5351: Go ahead
    Be enroute to such and such on two horses acting inappropriately.
    5351: Come again dispatch? (yes that was intentional)
    This will is possible a signal 69 complaint (vice, evidently an admin had a sense of humor when that was assigned)
    5351: Dispatch I'm on scene. Be advised it looks like the suspects are just horsing around.

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    I too have quite a list

and I can't even get started on it because I'm about to be late for work

I'll try to hit ya'll up later on
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    We have to pick up abandoned BIKES.

All of our cars have scratches all over the trunks and rear fenders from picking up bikes. I'd like to know who even thinks to call the cops when someone drops a bike in their yard. I'd just roll it up to my dumpster. Second of all, typically the bikes are on PRIVATE PROPERTY. Or at least on the person's boulevard or sidewalk, which is public but maintained by the homeowner.

I've said several times if abandoned bikes are such a problem (our dayshifters normally pick up 2,3 bikes in a week) why not have the STREET department (who maintains the sidewalks and streets obviously) roll around once a week in a truck and pick up all the bikes that have been called in? Or, tell the call takers to pound sand and get rid of their new bike if they don't want it.

Same here, I HATE HATE HATE it. When we get them, we also have to enter them into our property system to track them. So I have to run out, grab a bike, take it to the street department, then enter everything into property.

Dispatch - 239 to 600...
    Me - 600 go ahead...

Yep. Been there. I like to get the small ones, put them out with the extinguisher, then tell the first in Engine that they can step down their response to non emergency and come in for report. I've gotten a few one finger salutes from them on those.

One of the more recent ones I can remember.

County Dispatch: 38-113
    Me: Go ahead

Dispatch: 113, respond to the courthouse. Passerby reports a large Buck Deer on the lawn
    Me: Ok, is it injured?

Dispatch: Negative, caller advised that it was just standing in the lawn
    Me: ooookkkkkkkk.....I'll respond and ATL. IF located I'll give it a trespass warning.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

IMGreat101 is online now The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Oh no, that's not where he was going with that one. I can relate to his remark. It's when we're called, and the Big Red Trucks aren't.

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Dispatch - 239 to 600...
    Me - 600 go ahead...

Well, you don't want to disturb the hose dragger's sleep unnecessarily! Or risk dirtying up their truck... I mean, they'd have to wash it for the second time in their shift!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Add another to the list about an hour ago.

"Respond to the area of the hospital reference an injured Turkey Buzzard"
    I wondered what the hell I was going to do with him if I found him. I mean, a deer I can shoot. A friggin Turkey Buzzard? Maybe...?

Found it....huddled under a car in the parking lot, pissed right the hell off, and huge. Thankfully Division of Wildlife was available and came and took it.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

I wondered what the hell I was going to do with him if I found him. I mean, a deer I can shoot. A friggin Turkey Buzzard? Maybe...?

Found it....huddled under a car in the parking lot, pissed right the hell off, and huge. Thankfully Division of Wildlife was available and came and took it.
    Dude, those things have SERIOUS attitude when they are cornered or injured!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Panzy!!!!

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Dispatch: 113, respond to the courthouse. Passerby reports a large Buck Deer on the lawn
    Me: Ok, is it injured?

Dispatch: Negative, caller advised that it was just standing in the lawn
    Me: ooookkkkkkkk.....I'll respond and ATL. IF located I'll give it a trespass warning.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Dude, those things have SERIOUS attitude when they are cornered or injured!

RIGHT!!!

Yes, yes I am! F that bird!

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information