Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The best...

chewy is offline 1 CoastieRisk!!
    Verified LEO

The best...

COAST GUARD!!!

Just a little something to make you feel comfortable and at ease... for those of you who know me from another website, you now know for sure that chewy is here!!

I had nothing else worth sharing at the moment but felt the urge to post so as they say, post what you love!!

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Chewy.................were you a puddle pirate as well...................
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Chewy.................were you a puddle pirate as well...................
    Ya, I was an MK at a small boat station in Milwaukee for 6 years... Started out as a SN striking BM then went to A school for MK and a few C schools. I got out in 1994. Best job I ever had and I've been looking longingly back ever since The job satisfaction may not be here at my current job with CBP but the money's nice!
    Grumpy bastard sick of it all!
    Guns Don't Kill People, Radical Pro-Lifers Kill People

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I did nine years in...........started at Cape Dissappointment, then an 82 footer out of Oceanside, Ca. Finally got my AM A school, in "E" City. Then was stationed at Air Station Kodiak, Alaska on HH-3F, then finishing my carreer at Air Station San Francisco, California. I to look back fondly at the memories and love my two flying "S" Sykorski wings I got, one at each air station.
    Swamp Mafia

~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Y'all got something against speaking in whole words, not just letters??
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    They had the 52's in Chicago when I started and the 3F's in Traverse City so I got to train with both... Those were some good helo's. Then while I was in they transitioned to the HH-65's which are smooth riding and fast but they have very little room and the HH-60 which are great helo's. Of course that's from my point of view as a boat crewman and an EMT and small boat rescue swimmer. When I first got out of EMT school in 1989 they used to pick us up for cases a lot but in 90 or 91 they stopped and all the ASM's did all the EMT stuff. I enjoyed the helo work when I did it but I loved the boats. To this day I know the two boats we had like the back of my hand. I loved that job and never since have I had the camaraderie or fun as I did back then.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Y'all got something against speaking in whole words, not just letters??
    LOL - milspeak!

Most of my old unit ended up working for a PSU/MSST in Tacoma. I considered going to the puddle pirates from the Air Force, but found a neat new job in the Air Guard instead.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I ended my my last station in San Fran, with the HH-60 JayHawk, nice riding better, smoother hoist and of course newer.

My career started at a small boat station, Cape D, with the 44 footer, hell of a boat, take a beating and keep on going. Our station also had one of the few 52 footers "Triumph". In my years on the water, very rough in Washington, 25 foot seas only lost my lunch once......................LOL. Sometimes it was so rough we had circle the bouy before trying to cross the bar with a tow.
    Swamp Mafia

~Edmond Burke

~Ernest Hemingway

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Ahh, formerly a wholly owned subsidary of the Department of Transportation . . .

srab is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Chewy, former PS from Station MIlwaukee, then PSU 309, then the big green machine. Semper Paratus!
    You in the area?
    "The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons"
    Russian military doctrine

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

www.gruntsbbq.com

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Yeppers was in during the DOT era, it sucked bad, never enough money and always complaining about our budget. The Costies now got it made with Home Land Defense, they make their own money......................... ....
    Swamp Mafia

~Edmond Burke

~Ernest Hemingway

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by srab View Post
    Chewy, former PS from Station MIlwaukee, then PSU 309, then the big green machine. Semper Paratus!
    You in the area?
    I'm in the Metro Detroit MI area now. I was in Station Milwaukee from 1988 to 1994 (minus A and C schools).

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Looks like they've made friends PDQ!

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Looks like they've made friends PDQ!

Hey, CG is a small family!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy View Post
    Hey, CG is a small family!
    Being part of another "smaller service" I can agree.

It is impossible not to run into someone who knows someone you know, or was in the same place, etc.

It's kind of a cool fraternity.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Being part of another "smaller service" I can agree.

It is impossible not to run into someone who knows someone you know, or was in the same place, etc.

It's kind of a cool fraternity.
    Totally true. I've meet people I worked with in the CG while going to schools with Customs/CBP as well as other Officers. It's funny how small goverment is at times.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    I had an oral board in which one of the interviewers was a chief of a small agency who was also some high level commander or somesuch with the Coastie Reserve. He got mad when he asked me what I did in the military and I told him I did real shit, unlike the coast guard.

I still got passing marks from the other members who were Navy and Army retired/former.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    I had an oral board in which one of the interviewers was a chief of a small agency who was also some high level commander or somesuch with the Coastie Reserve. He got mad when he asked me what I did in the military and I told him I did real shit, unlike the coast guard.

I still got passing marks from the other members who were Navy and Army retired/former.
    Thats pretty funny.

Wolven gets an earful from me all the time in regards to her time as a stewardess in the air force.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Thats pretty funny.

Wolven gets an earful from me all the time in regards to her time as a stewardess in the air force.
    Morris was another beret wearing stewardess, 401.

We have you surrounded.
    I'm your huckleberry...

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Shit

I had to wear a beret before myself, but a maroon one. Wish I didn't though, paying for it with a bad knee nowadays
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information