Welcome to the APBWeb.
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

NSFW - **PLEASE WATCH**Tribute Vid made by a friend of a friend

I work at a PD where we are fortunate to have a very large percentage of ex-military guys on. I think having military guys translates into some of the best motivation around to do your best...in everything from fitness to respect for the chain of command to tactical training. In terms of CQB, sometimes you just can't beat the military for some cutting edgge training and the first hand experience of those that did multiple tours in our current hotspots. None of them flaunt it or belittle others for not having been in the service. They're always more than happy to impart some of their lessons learned the hard way, and to even share a story or two.

We have a few guys on my shift who have done multiple tours both in Iraq and Afghanistan, some even as recent as 2006 and 2007. All have integrated well back into civilian life, but none will shy away from telling you that their experiences have forever changed them, and not always for the better. Better or worse, though, they still have friends and brothers over there. All it takes is a glance at some of their FB pages to see the impact that war has had on them, and in some cases, has even caused a strong yearning to return to the fight to stand with their brothers again.

I was sent the following link by a guy on my shift platoon. It's a video a buddy of his made, and is comprised mostly of their tour in Iraq from 2004-2006, with some pics/video from other sources like convoy security, etc. The song chosen moved me deeply, and I think the video itself is very poignant. I do not know the video author's name, but I did get permission to spread the link around. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.

God bless our armed forces. You guys have a tough job, and I can't thank you enough for doing it.

NSFW for some f-bombs in the song, and some war-related gore.

My911_smallversion-1.flv video by yalester - Photobucket
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

213th is offline Solipsist
    My sister played that song for me the day I enlisted, and I have always loved it

That was quite the video. Thanks for sharing it
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Great vid, and I love that song
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Powerful and thought-provoking.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Thanks for sharing 121
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Excellent video. May GOD bless all service personnel past , present and future.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Excellent video. May GOD bless all service personnel past , present and future.
    Amen to that. Thank you all for your service to our country. I mean it from my very being and the bottom of my heart. Especially considering who I work for. I just finished Marcus Lutrell's book, Lone Survivor. Some of you guys have gone through Hell and taken it up the rear for the USA and I for one really appreciate it for all that has, is and will be done in the name of freedom. Above all, remember those that have died. For they did not die in vain.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Kinda gets to you.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

matt86 is offline Piggy
    Verified LEO
    Great video... I had to download the song when it was over (in itunes of course). Be safe everyone.

spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Very good video and one band that I have most all songs by on my PC right now. Thank you for sharing
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Good video, thanks for sharing that. I am going to let a couple of friends of mine see that also. Especially my old high school buddy who is an infantry first sergeant going for his 4th trip to Afghanistan soon. He has been through hell, Panama, Kuwait, Mogadishu, Kosovo, Iraq (2 trips) and Afghanistan again.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Thread Information