Welcome to the APBWeb.
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Marine in High School not permitted to wear Dress Blues for graduation

I just received this link in a FWD, even thought it seems like it occurred last year sometime. Sounds like he finished HS a semester early, went to boot camp, and came back and wanted to receive his diploma in uniform. The school board prohibited it. Thoughts? I'm inclined to think it's bullshit. While the principal's talk about actually wearing the Blues UNDER the gown made my stomach turn, that little hippie fuck at 1:05 needs to be PT'd to death. Disrespectful piece of shit!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtNj7G45m4Q&feature=re lated]YouTube - MARINE UNIFORM BANNED FROM HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION[/ame]
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Upon further thought, I would have worn the gown over the uniform, sat with everyone, and not made any waves. When they called my name, I would calmly unzip it, put on my cover, and walk onstage. Let them try to stop me, and let's see how the court of public opinion would judge them.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Upon further thought, I would have worn the gown over the uniform, sat with everyone, and not made any waves. When they called my name, I would calmly unzip it, put on my cover, and walk onstage. Let them try to stop me, and let's see how the court of public opinion would judge them.
    +1

The crowd at graduation would have formed a lynch mob if they tried denying him his diploma in that scenario.

And yeah, that little bitch at 1:05 is a little fucking shit and I want to break his fucking neck with my knee. WOW.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Semper Fi, Daniel. May GOD bless you and keep you safe during your career. Thank you for your service. A Marine in uniform should be allowed anywhere in this country. Some people should be glad there are still young people who want to wear a uniform and take on the responsibility to protect their useless asses.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The kid at 1:05 needs "just an ass kicking"
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Semper Fi, Daniel. May GOD bless you and keep you safe during your career. Thank you for your service. A Marine in uniform should be allowed anywhere in this country. Some people should be glad there are still young people who want to wear a uniform and take on the responsibility to protect their useless asses.
    +1

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    These slimy shit pinko pencil-neck twinkle-toed knob-bobbers don't pack the gear to fill a pair of those dress blue pants, or drool on the tread of this young marine's boots, and have the audacity to deny him the right he earned in blood, sweat, and tears to wear the uniform of a United States Marine at his graduation? Have these fucks gone stark, staring mad?

Public education in this community needs to be led and administrated by those who are proud of this country, so maggots like that 'spiderman' kid might actually one day have his testicles drop below his waist and turn him into something resembling more than a no-life punk slob shit goo-guzzling myspace underoos wearing playstation bug-eyed zombie slacker. I'll bet these little demi-god pantywaist hippie hairless joint polishing administrators who sit on that self-righteous school board were concieved through incestuous acid-fueled free love relationships and raised by moon worshippers in some backdoor brothel commune where they all still wear hip-hugger bell bottoms and tie-dies and moan hari khrishna prayers in the direction of Berkley at midnight. God-forbid a military uniform at their little pot party. I hope their fucking bong explodes and sterilizes them so they cannot contaminate the rest of the world...

Sorry, but this ridiculous brand of silly bullshit just thumps my tomatoes...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    What a clueless prohibition. Someone in the administration must have had an axe to grind against the military. Students should be allowed to wear whatever formal and respectful clothes they choose to wear to their graduation. A Spider-Man costume should be unacceptable because it's not formal and respectful, but a military uniform should be acceptable.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    These slimy shit pinko pencil-neck twinkle-toed knob-bobbers don't pack the gear to fill a pair of those dress blue pants, or drool on the tread of this young marine's boots, and have the audacity to deny him the right he earned in blood, sweat, and tears to wear the uniform of a United States Marine at his graduation? Have these fucks gone stark, staring mad?

Public education in this community needs to be led and administrated by those who are proud of this country, so maggots like that 'spiderman' kid might actually one day have his testicles drop below his waist and turn him into something resembling more than a no-life punk slob shit goo-guzzling myspace underoos wearing playstation bug-eyed zombie slacker. I'll bet these little demi-god pantywaist hippie hairless joint polishing administrators who sit on that self-righteous school board were concieved through incestuous acid-fueled free love relationships and raised by moon worshippers in some backdoor brothel commune where they all still wear hip-hugger bell bottoms and tie-dies and moan hari khrishna prayers in the direction of Berkley at midnight. God-forbid a military uniform at their little pot party. I hope their fucking bong explodes and sterilizes them so they cannot contaminate the rest of the world...

Your Dad & R.Lee Ermey would be proud of that post ,CB.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Come On, CB....quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really think.

Car 4

Reps

Well crap....someone get him for me, please.
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Come On, CB....quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really think.

Car 4

Reps

Well crap....someone get him for me, please.

Done.....
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "That's a little different, we fought for uh America."

Yeah, I'd stab him. Right there. Stab stab stab.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post

Yeah, I'd stab him. Right there. Stab stab stab.
    With a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That isn't the only place it happened. Last year the same thing happened in Petaluma CA. It created a controversy also. The kid was forced to put a gown over his uniform. Bush was still in office then and the antis were out in force about it. They were yelling and screaming at anyone that supported this kid.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    What a bunch of fucktards. If that Marine wants to wear his uniform, I think they should allow it. He has obviously earned that right and fuck them for messing with him about it. I would wear it anyway and not say shit just like it was posted before and then let them try to deny the diploma. I wasn't a Marine, but that still chaps my fucking ass. Bunch of sperm gurgling cocksmooches.

I just watched that video after i posted. I wish I could pound the shit out of spider man kid. Just a uniform. Fucking stupid ass leg fucking pogue. Fuck, I am even more pissed off than I was before. Fucking BLOOMER(?!?) Wisconson. Are you shitting me??! A town with a name like that has a problem with a uniform? Un fucking real. At least most of the people there supported him. The board should get their ass handed to them next election.
    There, I vented, I feel better now. Fucking commies.
    Last edited by ex401mp; 09-24-09 at 07:59 PM. Reason: After video rant
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    What a bunch of fucktards. If that Marine wants to wear his uniform, I think they should allow it. He has obviously earned that right and fuck them for messing with him about it. I would wear it anyway and not say shit just like it was posted before and then let them try to deny the diploma. I wasn't a Marine, but that still chaps my fucking ass. Bunch of sperm gurgling cocksmooches.

I just watched that video after i posted. I wish I could pound the shit out of spider man kid. Just a uniform. Fucking stupid ass leg fucking pogue. Fuck, I am even more pissed off than I was before. Fucking BLOOMER(?!?) Wisconson. Are you shitting me??! A town with a name like that has a problem with a uniform? Un fucking real. At least most of the people there supported him. The board should get their ass handed to them next election.

Another repressed O/R member.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    A looooong time ago, I did pretty much the same thing this young Marine did.

Finished high school at mid-year, had been sworn into the Marine Corps the previous summer, and left for boot camp not too long after the beginning of the spring semester.

So when high school graduation time came around, I was busy graduating from boot camp. Couldn't make my high school graduation.

I regret to this day that my parents never got to see me walk across the stage to receive my diploma (I picked it up at the school when I went home on leave), but I'm more proud of the fact that Mom and Dad were there in San Diego to watch me receive my Eagle, Globe and Anchor, and become a U. S. Marine.

Both events are important, and I sincerely wish this young man could have gotten what he wanted. AND DESERVED!!! He earned the right to wear his uniform.

Semper Fi.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post

Public education in this community needs to be led and administrated by those who are proud of this country, so maggots like that 'spiderman' kid might actually one day have his testicles drop below his waist and turn him into something resembling more than a no-life punk slob shit goo-guzzling myspace underoos wearing PlayStation bug-eyed zombie slacker. I'll bet these little demi-god pantywaist hippie hairless joint polishing administrators who sit on that self-righteous school board were conceived through incestuous acid-fueled free love relationships and raised by moon worshipers in some backdoor brothel commune where they all still wear hip-hugger bell bottoms and tie-dies and moan hari khrishna prayers in the direction of Berkeley at midnight. God-forbid a military uniform at their little pot party. I hope their fucking bong explodes and sterilizes them so they cannot contaminate the rest of the world...

Well said Countybear. It does me, too. Chaps My Hide is more like it. So Help Me God, If I EVER hear ANYONE bash or disrespect any member in the U.S. Military in my presence, they WILL get an earful. I just hope that I don't go to jail for disturbing the peace. These men and women fought hard for our country and deserve our utmost thanks and respect. Some of them even died for our freedom. They are the reason I go to work in the morning so I can at least give some resemblance of my support for them. Working for who I do. I will not stand for this whatsoever. I'll be damned if I let anyone get away with any of this crap.

That kid at 1:05 should be made to stand in front of the U.S. Military over in Iraq and 'Stan since he feels that he can't stand behind them. Maybe then he will change his tune. Stupid hippie skateboarding liberal douche-bag twit. "Just a uniform." My God, where do these moronic imbeciles come from?

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    To the kid at 1:05. No it isn't. The U.S. Military is fighting for us now, too. IDIOT!

AMEN!!! I wasn't a Marine, either. In fact, I funked out of Basic Training because of my sheltered life. I wasn't emotionally ready for it at the time. Fresh out of High School. That doesn't mean that I don't support them. I just wish I had a mentor that could have kept my head screwed on straight, maybe things might have been different.

I just watched that video after I posted. I wish I could pound the shit out of spider man kid. Just a uniform. Fucking stupid ass leg fucking pogue. Fuck, I am even more pissed off than I was before. Fucking BLOOMER(?!?) Wisconsin. Are you shitting me??! A town with a name like that has a problem with a uniform? Un fucking real. At least most of the people there supported him. The board should get their ass handed to them next election.

Amen to that, too. I'm still pissed about this. I have a very short fuse of a temper about these types of things happening to our Armed Forces.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Good thing R. Lee Ermey didn't here that little pimple at 1.05 say it was just a uniform. Gunny would have ripped his heart out adn served it for dinner. What a fucking moron. Ass hat's like that make me wanna puke.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Thread Information