Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

US Navy plans to allow women to serve on subs

Washington - The US Navy is preparing a plan that would allow women to serve on submarines for the first time since it began integrating ships more than 15 years ago, according to a report Tuesday. ABC News, citing an unnamed defence official, reported that Defence Secretary Robert Gates notified Congress on Monday of the plan. Women would be slowly integrated as modifications to the massive vessels are made to set up separate living quarters for males and females.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Yes Captain Iím polishing my torpedo.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Bad idea.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What happens when they get pregnant like on all the other ships? The subs are constantly going to be pulled out of missions to get the women replaced.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    What happens when they get pregnant like on all the other ships? The subs are constantly going to be pulled out of missions to get the women replaced.
    Or, you get to suffer morning sickness in cramped quarters because the sub is down and staying down.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Or, you get to suffer morning sickness in cramped quarters because the sub is down and staying down.
    Perhaps as part of the plan they should issue Depo shots along with everything else before they go on board.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    Perhaps as part of the plan they should issue Depo shots along with everything else before they go on board.
    Why?

The military is about personal responsibility.

I'm not against women serving on subs at all. I'm not even against women in line combat positions.

That said, they have to suck it up and press on just like anyone else in the service.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Why?

The military is about personal responsibility.

I'm not against women serving on subs at all. I'm not even against women in line combat positions.

That said, they have to suck it up and press on just like anyone else in the service.

If that is what the standard would be I have no problem with it. However, this will get political and get that way fast.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    If that is what the standard would be I have no problem with it. However, this will get political and get that way fast.
    I worked with women wearing the same beret I did and carrying the same M4 I carried.

It wasn't political.

There *was* a whole lot of fucking going on, but that generalizes the military as a whole - it's staffed with young people who are in the best shape of their lives.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Load them in a torpedo and shoot them to the surface for pickup, like in You Only Live Twice?

Thread Information