Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Navy Seal who shot bin Laden now has no job, pension, or healthcare and separated from his wife

But the Shooter will discover soon enough that when he leaves after sixteen years in the Navy, his body filled with scar tissue, arthritis, tendonitis, eye damage, and blown disks, here is what he gets from his employer and a grateful nation:Nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.
    In fact, the couple is officially separated, a common occurrence in ST6. SEAL marriages can be perilous. Husbands and fathers have been mostly away from their families since 9/11. But the Shooter and his wife continue to share a house on very friendly, even loving terms, largely to save money."We're actually looking into changing my name," the wife says. "Changing the kids' names, taking my husband's name off the house, paying off our cars. Essentially deleting him from our lives, but for safety reasons. We still love each other."When the family asked about any kind of government protection should the Shooter's name come out, they were advised that they could go into a witness-protection-like program.Just as soon as the Department of Defense creates one."They [SEAL command] told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee" under an assumed identity. Like Mafia snitches, they would not be able to contact their families or friends. "We'd lose everything."
    Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden - Esquire

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    You know it's a shame that the military does nothing for many Vets. Signed a contract that stated he had to work twenty years for benefits. It's no difference that he was a SEAL or a grunt, sorry Charlie.

He is highly trained and he can make a ton of money in the private sector as a consultant without ever strapping a firearm on again.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    If he didn't retire, he can still go into the reserves. They get some benefits andstuff whitch add up to about half pay. Every little bit helps. If he retired,he gets a retiremenet check and is elegable for TRICARE, a military health care plan.

Thread Information