Welcome to the APBWeb.
View RSS Feed

Police Instructor

1. The HUDDLE Brings Clarity and Strength - Even in Policing

by , 02-19-13 at 12:06 PM
    I asked the group, “All right, who is up next?” There were no takers – just whiners. “I’m tired, someone else go…” “Tim and I are talking about something important, we’ll go next time…” and “I have to finish this text message…” These were all common responses from the cadets at a police academy I had just begun training for. I was so aggravated that I was planning each of their demises in my head, and it wasn’t a pretty picture....

Full Article at http://phalanxle.com/2013/02/19/stre...lice-training/ ...
  2. Confessions of a Police Instructor

by , 02-12-13 at 01:18 PM
    I Teach Cadets and Write Training Articles for Selfish Reasons

I have selfish reasons for wanting our police instructors to get better and improve the safety of our law enforcers and the society they serve. With frequent visits to the Cleveland Clinic, I have come to the realization that I will not live to a ripe old age. I have a vested interest in the next generation of police officers who will become the guardians that protect my wife and kids (maybe grandkids) after I am gone. ...
  3. 5 Cancers of Law Enforcement

by , 02-09-13 at 12:30 PM
    During my career I was shot at, stabbed, and had the snot kicked out of me more times than I would like to recall. I have been scared out of my wits a time or two, and experienced the thrill of an adrenaline rush brought on by life threatening encounters. I also had the pleasure of experiencing the release of all that power – or throwing up – whichever you want to call it. But, none of those moments compared to the fear I experienced on the day that a doctor told me my son, Richard Jr., had a tumor ...
  4. A Beer and a Rifle: Developing a Survival Mindset

by , 01-21-13 at 03:28 PM
    I asked, “Would you please repeat that again.” The dispatcher came across speaking slower and louder, “Danny Williams wants you to meet him at the intersection of Greenlee and Jefferson. He said he is going to kill you.” Yep, that is exactly what I heard the first time; apparently it wasn’t a joke like I was hoping. How lucky was I, to be on duty when someone called in wanting to kill me? I was worried since I knew this guy was capable of murder – he had done it before....

Full ...