Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Anybody know?

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads

Anybody know?

Just filed my tax return and I have a little money coming my way, hopefully in the next week or two thanks to e-file. I'm going to jump on the 1911 bandwagon when I get it and my question to all is this...

Does Colt have any kind of law enforcement purchase plan like Glock and Sig? Anybody know a good place that caters to the boys in blue? I don't mind an FFL transfer fee if it yields some good savings. Obviously being the popo I'm not exactly rich so I'm looking to save where I can.

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Colt, Kimber, and Springfield all have LEO purchase programs.

If you have an idea which way you plan to go, I'd be glad to hook you up.

Although I am personally of the opinion that Colt still makes the best rifles, I cannot say that is true any more of 1911's.

I personally like Kimbers and Springfields in the "service" class, and if price is a worry obviously Wilson, Baer, et al are out of the question.

If you come to a decision point, I have lists of LEO distributors for all three.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Department regs say it has to be a series 80 colt or a para ordinance p13/p14 if memory serves. I'm sure it all has to do with the firing pin block. I'm looking at the Colt XSE series. The custom's are nice but I don't have 2-3k to dump into a new weapon in one shot. I figure I'll start with the XSE and start putting some rounds through it and I'll change what I don't like or want to change/upgrade as I go.

Any info you have on Colt's LEO program would be great. You can PM it or post it, whichever you prefer! Sorry for the late response I'm working the next few days so I'm trying to check back when I can.

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    For all my Colt needs, I deal with Mr. Elmore at Specialized Armament.

There is no finer Colt man, and if there is something to know about a Colt he is the man to see.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO
    Ken is a friggen nutjob. I love him. He was my instructor for AR-15/M-16/LMG school. Big as a goddamn house too.

Code6 is offline Beep,Beep!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by LawnMM View Post
    Just filed my tax return and I have a little money coming my way, hopefully in the next week or two thanks to e-file. I'm going to jump on the 1911 bandwagon when I get it and my question to all is this...

Does Colt have any kind of law enforcement purchase plan like Glock and Sig? Anybody know a good place that caters to the boys in blue? I don't mind an FFL transfer fee if it yields some good savings. Obviously being the popo I'm not exactly rich so I'm looking to save where I can.

You are probably familiar with Dave's Guns. Jensen Arms in Loveland is very cop friendly and they have a great selection.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it really is all about?

Police others as you would have them Police you.

Verified LEO

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    When did they closed?

I didn't go there much, because the poop was that the owner was a convicted felon who put the place in his momma's name. Any truth to that?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    I heard rumors that he like to sell our personal information to less than savory individuals. I bought my G34 and P3AT there before I knew what kind of POS he was.

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Never went to Dave's.

Jensen's in Loveland is a good shop, I used to frequent that place when I was living in Ft Collins. Huge selection, and cop friendly.

There is a new shop (a smaller one) in Arvada called 5280 Armory. They mostly sell AR-15's and AK copies, but they do have a pretty good handgun selection in my recollection. Their prices were competitive the last time I checked, and the owner will provide a nominal LE discount (at least the last time I was there).

Verified LEO
    I'm gonna have to check that place out. I live in Westy. Where in Ft. Collins where you? I lived at Horsetooth and Lemay from 96-04!

Thread Information