Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Looking for...

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Looking for...

I am looking for a Kahr Arms 9mm or Beretta 84 or 85 .380.

If anyone has such an animal gathering dust, please PM me.

This is for my wife, and she has been very specific about the weapons that she likes the "feel" of.

The only thing I get to veto is reliability issues or pure junk

This is a big step for a Canadian, so I plan to appease.

I will arrange FFL transfer from out of State and pay shipping for a reasonably priced used weapon.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

GhostCop is offline Sergeant
    I have a Kahr Mac but unfortunately its a P40. I would caution you about one thing concerning the Kahr and I wish I would have known this prior to purchasing mine. Take a good look at the feed ramp in a Kahr semi auto. If you can even call it a feed ramp that is. It is far too short and waaaaay too steep. Mine will eat round nose ammo all day long but feed it a Speer Gold Dot or a Hydra Shock and it becomes VERY unreliable. I no longer carry the Kahr which I used to carry attached to my vest strap as a back up. Way, way, way to unreliable for me to bet my life on it. Its unfortunate because I have smaller hands and it is a comfortable gun. That is until you shoot it. The .40 S&W is a definite hand shocker in the P40 or PM40. The 9mm wouldnt be bad but that feed ramp should concern you.
    "Any community's arm of force - military, police, security - needs people in it who can do necessary evil, and yet not be made evil by it. To do only the necessary and no more. To constantly question the assumptions, to stop the slide into atrocity."

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostCop View Post
    I have a Kahr Mac but unfortunately its a P40. I would caution you about one thing concerning the Kahr and I wish I would have known this prior to purchasing mine. Take a good look at the feed ramp in a Kahr semi auto. If you can even call it a feed ramp that is. It is far too short and waaaaay too steep. Mine will eat round nose ammo all day long but feed it a Speer Gold Dot or a Hydra Shock and it becomes VERY unreliable. I no longer carry the Kahr which I used to carry attached to my vest strap as a back up. Way, way, way to unreliable for me to bet my life on it. Its unfortunate because I have smaller hands and it is a comfortable gun. That is until you shoot it. The .40 S&W is a definite hand shocker in the P40 or PM40. The 9mm wouldnt be bad but that feed ramp should concern you.
    Good input!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information