Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    So, are you single?

That question has caused me too much distress to answer it

Actually, seriously, I think I've begun seeing someone but it's too early to say how that's going.
    Arm the sheep!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I agree. I've given the same advice before. I usually explain to people that we are mostly a "reactive" force. We respond during or after the emergency. In my rural setting its not uncommon to have an hour "code 3" run just to go to a call. The local Sheriff even told people that it is the peoples responsibility to protect themselves. As such he has basically made the county a "shall issue" in regards to CCWs. He is getting alot of flak for it across the state but he is sticking to his guns (pun intended).
    Maybe I need to move to your county.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinki View Post
    That's fantastic!! I hope he gets some support for it!!! Maybe some more of Cali will follow suit!
    I sure as hell hope so.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Maybe I can help... If that is a Sig Mosquito (which it appears it is) you will get plenty of practice on your malfunction drills. Mine was the first single shot semi-auto I've ever experienced, and I am very lucky to NOT own it any longer! I tried every kind of ammo I could find and rarely got a mag through it without a jam or 5. Save your money for a pink gun that will work!!!
    "Aim small, miss small."

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL326 View Post
    Maybe I can help... If that is a Sig Mosquito (which it appears it is) you will get plenty of practice on your malfunction drills. Mine was the first single shot semi-auto I've ever experienced, and I am very lucky to NOT own it any longer! I tried every kind of ammo I could find and rarely got a mag through it without a jam or 5. Save your money for a pink gun that will work!!!

I already have a Pink Glock and the Sig Mosquito shipped today, but that is disappointing to hear I will have to post a range report when I get it to the range and let y'all know how it does. How long ago was that?
    Arm the sheep!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I already have a Pink Glock and the Sig Mosquito shipped today, but that is disappointing to hear I will have to post a range report when I get it to the range and let y'all know how it does. How long ago was that?
    Don't worry too much about it just yet Pinki - it is like I said, some of them are picky eaters.

If so, it will take some time to find the right load.

I would start with Aguila, I buy them by the thousand for around $20.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Don't worry too much about it just yet Pinki - it is like I said, some of them are picky eaters.

If so, it will take some time to find the right load.

I would start with Aguila, I buy them by the thousand for around $20.

Can I get Aguila at Walmart or is that one I would have to order? I usually buy Winchester WB for my Glock and I hadn't heard of the Aguila. A thousand for $20.00 sounds good to me
    Arm the sheep!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Can I get Aguila at Walmart or is that one I would have to order? I usually buy Winchester WB for my Glock and I hadn't heard of the Aguila. A thousand for $20.00 sounds good to me
    Cabelas carries it for around twice that price. I usually buy it at the gun show two boxes for $20.

The version you are looking for is called "Interceptor."

Any of the higher velocity rounds is where you should start. If you get one like Diesel got, send it back to Sig with a complaint. They'll fix it.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Cabelas carries it for around twice that price. I usually buy it at the gun show two boxes for $20.

The version you are looking for is called "Interceptor."

Any of the higher velocity rounds is where you should start. If you get one like Diesel got, send it back to Sig with a complaint. They'll fix it.
    Ok thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye out. I would hate to send it back to Sig...I hope it works well. I assume it likes to stay clean and oiled like I'm told other Sigs do?
    Arm the sheep!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ok thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye out. I would hate to send it back to Sig...I hope it works well. I assume it likes to stay clean and oiled like I'm told other Sigs do?
    Clean and lightly lubed for any rimfire.

People always put too much oil on their handguns and too little on their rifles.

Use a better lube and you get by well by using less. Something synthetic, like Militech or Slip.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Clean and lightly lubed for any rimfire.

People always put too much oil on their handguns and too little on their rifles.

Use a better lube and you get by well by using less. Something synthetic, like Militech or Slip.
    Ok, thanks Maclean -- will do. I have Militech
    Arm the sheep!

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Actually, seriously, I think I've begun seeing someone but it's too early to say how that's going.
    Since it's your thread and you brought it up, I don't suppose I'm completely off topic yet. hehehe

This is awesome to hear. Hopefully he likes to shoot or you're gonna have issues. heh
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    My Mosquito issues were 2-3 years ago. Mac is on the money, it's got to have high velocity ammo to even have a chance. My best luck was with CCI Stingers, but they were never close to 100%. I hope yours is much better than mine was.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I carried a Sig P-228 on duty (they don't make the 228 anymore but the 229 was the replacement they were transitioning to when I left.) We fired Federal +P+ through those and I never had a problem. I got the Sig P-239 for backup/off duty carry. That's the "baby" Sig with a single stack 8 shot magazine. I also shot the same duty ammo in that. I never had any mechanical difficulties.

No gun manufacturer is perfect however. Like Maclean said, if you have any problems send it back to the manufacturer. Sig is a good company and will fix any issues I'm sure.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    Since it's your thread and you brought it up, I don't suppose I'm completely off topic yet. hehehe

This is awesome to hear. Hopefully he likes to shoot or you're gonna have issues. heh

LOL no worries, I've never been good at keeping anything on topic -- it's especially fun to talk to me in person Thanks for the good words.. He does like to shoot and I like him a lot but I'm still very reserved about it right now. I guess I just have to wait and see
    Arm the sheep!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL326 View Post
    My Mosquito issues were 2-3 years ago. Mac is on the money, it's got to have high velocity ammo to even have a chance. My best luck was with CCI Stingers, but they were never close to 100%. I hope yours is much better than mine was.

Thanks I'll keep in mind the high velocity thing. I'll have to have a good talking to the Mosquito to make sure we 'bond' when it comes
    Arm the sheep!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I carried a Sig P-228 on duty (they don't make the 228 anymore but the 229 was the replacement they were transitioning to when I left.) We fired Federal +P+ through those and I never had a problem. I got the Sig P-239 for backup/off duty carry. That's the "baby" Sig with a single stack 8 shot magazine. I also shot the same duty ammo in that. I never had any mechanical difficulties.

No gun manufacturer is perfect however. Like Maclean said, if you have any problems send it back to the manufacturer. Sig is a good company and will fix any issues I'm sure.

I absolutely hate to send things back, bring things back but if it needs it, I'll do as y'all say. It's a special make so I don't know if that will make any difference (although really just the color). I'll remain hopeful that I'll have good experiences with it What caliber is the P239?
    Arm the sheep!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I absolutely hate to send things back, bring things back but if it needs it, I'll do as y'all say. It's a special make so I don't know if that will make any difference (although really just the color). I'll remain hopeful that I'll have good experiences with it What caliber is the P239?
    You can get it in a couple flavors but we shot the 9mm.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    You can get it in a couple flavors but we shot the 9mm.

Ok. It will be interesting to see how this one does
    Arm the sheep!

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm your huckleberry...

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Thanks for the link Maclean!

.22 rifle ammo is the same as pistol? (I dont know anything about rifles). Do those prices last a while? I would want to wait to order anything until after I get back from California.
    Arm the sheep!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information