Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Shotgun Pr0n

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Shotgun Pr0n

With the recent run on evil black guns at the gun store, and the likelihood that it will be difficult to replace my evil black gun I've moved on to a new home defense weapon.

I have a RRA M-4gery. It has a flat top upper with EOTech and flip up iron sights. I used this as my primary home defense weapon because of the fast close quarters capabilities and many rounds on target...

If it were to get stolen from my rather unsecure bedroom closet (hard for the kids to get into but easy for me and easy for a burglar) I would probably have a hard time replacing it these days.

I've opted for a Remington 870 with a bunch of extra rounds. At my first agency we had a pistol grip and a side saddle shell carrier. I wanted something similar. I got the shell carrier and mounted it for the 10 total rounds. I could carry it with one in the chamber but I trained with them in "cruiser condition" and under stress I'm going to rack out the good round in the chamber. So I'm going with consistency.

I initially wanted just a pistol grip with no stock. That will make it more maneuverable in the house. Close quarter means point and shoot will still probably be accurate. I got to thinking about times I might want to aim it though and don't want an impression of the back of my hand in my face. I really like the fold up stocks but they don't work with my side saddle carrier. Damn. I got the side fold stock instead. I actually like it though. Firing magnum rounds it's not a bad stock. It folds in for easy storage and I can work the action and fire rounds with it folded.

Knowing what I know now I'd probably go with the fold up stock with an extended magazine for nearly the same round capacity. Still this works well for me and fits my needs. I really didn't see the need for all the tacticool crap that makes it look like an AR-15. Really, who needs an EOTech on a shotgun??? I may mount my light on the barrel now just in case there are light issues with loss of power or while out camping.

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Pretty smart setup there!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Looks good Xiphos I haven't had the occasion to shoot a shotgun yet. I do plan to before long though
    Arm the sheep!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Who let these guys in here?

Inside joke.....move along.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Sweet lookin' rig.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Thread Information