Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jerkyg is offline Banned

Duty/Field Holster

Howdy Folks,

New to this forum...I also submitted this to the "vendor" area.

I am purchasing a Sig Pro 2022 .40 full size pistol. I am looking for a duty holster and am finding very few that meet my needs. Bottom line...I need a holster that is a level II or III retention. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Jon
    Senior Deputy JCO

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Contact the folks at Baumshoe.com They will hook you up. If it isn't on their website message them and they will look for it for you. They have some of the best prices around plus great customer service. It is also owned by cops.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

ARJJ is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Jerky, I did some research for you...Blackhawk doesn't make either to fit your gun. Safariland has the Level 3 SLS/ALS in either mid or low ride--model #6360-278-XXX and 6365-278-XXX. They also make a Level 2 SLS only in both mid and low ride--model #6280-278-XXX and 6285-278-XXX. (The X's denote number codes for the finish; i.e., plain, basketweave, etc.) All models are right-handed, but lefties are available, as are models for the same 2022 with certain weapon-mounted lights. Go to www.safariland.com for more details.

Or you could buy one of those ugly Uncle Mike's holsters. Cheap but effective, they feature tension inserts and a thumbreak (along with a twisting motion for some models).

ETA: Like pgg said, call or email baumshoe--I've ordered a lot of gear from them, and they're honest folks who sell good stuff cheap--much cheaper than galls or similar mail-order sites.

jerkyg is offline Banned

Sig Pro 2022 Holster

Thanks to all that replied. I went to the Baumshoe and did not see a holster for this pistol. I did send them an email and look forward to a reply. I have visited Safariland's website and saw the models that ARJJ wrote about...but, none are made for the 2022. Unless, a similar model of the Sig will also fit the 2022. I have written to Safariland...but, to date have never heard back from them.

Will see what Baumshoe says.

Thanks again for the time y'all spent on this.

Warm regards,

Jon

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I had the SLS (rotating hood) at my old department. Loved it. Felt secure but was still lightening fast. My current dept issued the ALS (thumb break) and while I haven't had serious issues with it, it's not as fast as the SLS IMO. The SLS naturally placed your hand in a great grip on the gun. The ALS takes another movement from hitting the thumb lever then getting your thumb back to the proper place.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

ARJJ is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkyg View Post
    Thanks to all that replied. I went to the Baumshoe and did not see a holster for this pistol. I did send them an email and look forward to a reply. I have visited Safariland's website and saw the models that ARJJ wrote about...but, none are made for the 2022. Unless, a similar model of the Sig will also fit the 2022. I have written to Safariland...but, to date have never heard back from them.

Will see what Baumshoe says.

Thanks again for the time y'all spent on this.

Warm regards,

Jon
    Jon, are you saying you didn't see ANYTHING for the 2022 on the Safariland site? I ask because all four model numbers I posted are specifically for your gun (sans weapon-mounted light).

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Contact the folks at Baumshoe.com They will hook you up. If it isn't on their website message them and they will look for it for you. They have some of the best prices around plus great customer service. It is also owned by cops.
    +1
    Cops who are members on this forum (Shoestring and Baumshoe)!

Thread Information