Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cochese is offline The Grand Royal
    Verified LEO

New Springer EMP 9mm

Well, it came in today.

Of course, I had to have my wife meet me at the range after work so we could break it in. Put about 400 rounds through it.

Size comparison next to my G26.

I started off with a mag dump at 15 yards, fast as I could let them off. Gun was as it came from the factory. I shot all 10 in about 3-4 seconds. The range guy came out and yelled at me for "shooting too fast."

I slowed down my rate of fire to a dull roar. Still out at 15 yards (maximum distance at my indoor range)...

Decided to bring it into 7 yards.

All 3 mags dumped as fast as the range elf would allow.

Another 3 mags down range. Slower rate of fire. Mixed right and left handed.

My overall first impression. Love at first shoot. I disassembled it for the first time when I got home. Just a simple field strip and clean. These micros have a bull barrel without a bushing. You have to use this little plastic half moon thing and snap it on the guide rod to disassemble. 1911's aren't as "hard" as some people make them out to be. Then again, I survived Ken Elmore's hell week ar-15/M-16 school... anything is possible!

Me likey. Just need to get qualled on it. Unfortunately, our range was just closed indefinitely for having the plague! (Yes I'm serious... the black death)

I can't wait for my Pro to get built.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Looks good, now you just need to get yourself put on to the top of the list for your Pro so you don't have to wait
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We have an outdoor National Forest range about 45 minutes from here. Nobody is ever up there and you can fire as fast as you want and not get yelled at. Hell, I've been there with some full auto stuff before.

Looks like a sweet gun!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sweet! That is EXACTLY the model I plan to get for my wife.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    Is that a 'cocked & locked' carry only? Curious, because I like the EMP, but never having been trained to carry 'cocked & locked', I don't think I could do it.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ANI4ANI View Post
    Is that a 'cocked & locked' carry only? Curious, because I like the EMP, but never having been trained to carry 'cocked & locked', I don't think I could do it.
    Yeah, C&L carry. Training? I'll handle your training...

1. All guns are loaded.

2. Be sure of your target and beyond.

3. Never let the muzzle cover anything you aren't willing to destroy.

4. Keep your boogerhook off the bangswitch till you are on target and ready to fire.

This is the only training you need.

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    Roger that!

Now, can I have your gun?
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

Verified LEO

I can't tell you guys how rad this is to shoot. PGG, I wish I could!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Cheese, that thing looks sweet. What did you pay for it? I still want to buy something with my gun loan at work and was looking at one of those.

Were you at Silver Bullet? That place is a bunch of pussies when it comes to holster and rapid fire.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Yo brother!

Sit on GunBroker, Auction Arms and Guns America and wait for a deal. I picked up mine for $1,155 plus shipping.

That is a screaming deal considering LE cost from a Springer LE dealer is $1,058 plus tax. I got mine online, paid the $1,155 plus shipping and 3% for using a VISA. My FFL waived their typical $25 fee since I have a Pro on order with them and bought a bunch of extra crap that day.

Ebang, the Gun Auction Search Engine

Great search engine.

Another...

Elite Deal Seeker

Buy from an auction!

Verified LEO
    With tax, it would have cost more ordering it on LE pricelist from Neve's! Plus, I didn't have to wait for it to be built.

I was shooting at Green Mountain. It doesn't give me black boogers there.

Lets hit the range soon. I have 1000 9mm, 1000 .45acp and 1000 .223 coming one of these days.

Verified LEO
    Oh, and by the way, I just got approved for POST firearms instructor at Higlands Ranch! It is 8/10-8/14 and it is free. Just bring ammo. Will your city send you?? This is the next best thing to NRA pistol and rifle which I got then was pulled out of because of budget.

County Sheriffs of Colorado

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
    Oh, and by the way, I just got approved for POST firearms instructor at Higlands Ranch! It is 8/10-8/14 and it is free. Just bring ammo. Will your city send you?? This is the next best thing to NRA pistol and rifle which I got then was pulled out of because of budget.

County Sheriffs of Colorado
    I would in a heartbeat! I'm on vacation though...viva Mexico.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information