Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    If I understand correctly, shipping to another FFL puts most of the burdon of BG checks, etc on the FFL you ship to, but I may be wrong. That was just always my impression when I've been on the receiving end after my FFL got it.

I don't think we even have to get a BG check here if we have a CHL, since all the BG's were done when we got the CHL. I may be wrong about that too, but I just know I can walk in a gun store and all they do is call in to see if the CHL is valid. Fifteen minutes later I'm out the door.
    I am unsure on all the laws in different states. I do know based on the actual weapons we are talking about here some Nazi states will not even allow a commissioned police officer own or purchase these even if it is for official use.

But as far as BG checks, normally how it works outside the state I live in would be you find a FFL holding firearms dealer that is easy for you to use, they will fax me a signed copy of their FFL and I ship the weapon UPS per instructions given by you guys and you go pick it up. The gun shop you choose will have to do what ever is needed per state to allow you to pick it up and take ownership. In my area the local shops charge a fee, generally $25-$50 bucks which is normally what they have on firearms as a profit margin. It is stupid in my opinion but they do it all the same.

If you are an LEO sometimes they will wave those fees. Like for instance, new glocks should cost civilian customers around $450-$475. This would be a standard glock with no night sights and 2 high cap mags. What Glock does for LEO is add night signts and a 3rd hi-cap mag for close to the same price and if you use department letter head no taxes.

So all in all it is a better deal but still nothing to get excited about. The cost for new glocks in bulk is pretty cheap.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

Verified LEO
    Udated, FFL is taking longer than I had hoped. But all is well, we have a 160,000sqft building for a decent store front lol, but in all seriousness everything is looking good. On the flip side, CMMG is who I had planned to offer rifles from as I have used them for my patrol rifle for years and they do build a fantastic product but sadly they are either way behind the curve on business or understaffed because short of going to their location here in Mo and knocking on the door I have tried with failure to contact them.

So a bit of change of pace which might also offer a couple more options. I am going to probably keep Doublestar rifles on hand for the officers and I am going to attend their armory course which I will also be the one that gets it approved for our state's POST so that I will be covered by their company to do custom modifications to all the rifles and if you guys are patient with my horrible schedule I can tweak all the rifles you order to your custom desire
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

Verified LEO
    Well sorry to say that after this long wait the location that I was going to use for my building was just sold to new owners. I have not been able to contact them in regards to using or renting the space but until I do I will have to contact the ATF and see if they can hold off on my license. I am pretty sure that makes it void.

I will update as I can. Might try and get it in my home, will see how that works.

Sorry about the delay folks. If you guys need a rifle pretty quick for about as good a deal as can be had let me know I got a couple places that have them.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

Interceptor is offline Rifleman
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    If I understand correctly, shipping to another FFL puts most of the burdon of BG checks, etc on the FFL you ship to, but I may be wrong. That was just always my impression when I've been on the receiving end after my FFL got it. .
    It puts all of the burden on them as they are the FFL which is actually transferring the firearm to the purchaser. A violent felon could pay for a firearm but hopefully would be outed when the 4473 and the background check is done by their local FFL.
    All the shipping FFL needs is a copy of the ship-to FFL. They are transfering FFL to FFL, not FFL to "buyer". The purchaser sends funds to the shipping FFL and has the ship-to FFL send the info for shipping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information