Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO

AR15's for Patrol

Hey guys and gals been a while but you will start seeing me more and more on here. Reason for the post:

I am in the process of getting a current FFL back in house and will be selling AR15s almost exclusively, and LE will be my primary sales.

I fully intend (Save them not working out a deal with me) on dealing CMMG black rifles out of MO here. They so far have been a fantastic company and when I had my rifle duty'ized they did that expressly for me and then hand delivered the weapon back to me (45 mile drive) so I would have it for duty on the weekend.

The price to LE confirmed officers on this website will be my cost of the rifle +$30 and shipping. Also to note that after I get started in this process the availability of extra equipment will be available as well as bulk ammo.

Keep this thread tagged, the FFL process takes about 3-5 months from what I have been told but it should be worth it. I am going to get my first stock of A4 type rifles (16" barrel, removable carry handle and 6 position stock) and expect the price offered to my Officers here to be below $700 bucks.

This is expressly a service to our Officers here guys, not really a brick and mortar company so please keep that in mind. I would prefer shipping directly to your department as all the paper trails are much easier to track and take less time of my already busy schedule.
    Last edited by spcwes; 10-26-09 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Cause Rica does not know how to read........
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

ARJJ is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Spcwes, when you say "ship to your department," do you mean an agency purchase, or ___?

I think you may get a better response if you will also ship to other FFLs. Thanks for your consideration.

Verified LEO
    Its not intended for mass sales in case it wasn't clear. It was intended to put patrol rifles in the hands of patrol officers

But yes, although I prefer agency shipping I will do FFL when I get all my paperwork in. Also, most agencys I have dealt with will allow their officers to use company letterhead for approved firearm purchases, meaning if you are allowed to use them for duty you can purchase them in your name, own them and keep them but use company letterhead and have it shipped to your department.

REAL easy for the person shipping the goods this way.

But yea, how ever I can help you guys out that is what this will be for. It is there if you take it, well it will be when I get my paper trail done.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

10-96 is offline A Virginia Yankee
    Verified LEO
    tagged for future access. Let us know when your FFL arrives. Thanx for thinking of us!
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

We own the night!

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
    Its not intended for mass sales in case it wasn't clear. It was intended to put patrol rifles in the hands of patrol officers

But yes, although I prefer agency shipping I will do FFL when I get all my paperwork in. Also, most agencys I have dealt with will allow their officers to use company letterhead for approved firearm purchases, meaning if you are allowed to use them for duty you can purchase them in your name, own them and keep them but use company letterhead and have it shipped to your department.

REAL easy for the person shipping the goods this way.

But yea, how ever I can help you guys out that is what this will be for. It is there if you take it, well it will be when I get my paper trail done.
    I've never heard of being able to ship to the agency instead of to an FFL. I wonder if its just not allowed here?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    I will find out if you get me some info on where you are. Department has say so on that more than anything. For rifles ( at the least in this state) all you need to provide is that proper background has been done. But yea the same laws that govern the police department providing firearms is what that falls into.

If you have letterhead signed by the boss man who ever he/she is you are good to go, long as they verify status, department, and official use for duty its all good if I am not mistaken. Of course you have to be able to own the weapon in your state personally. Because it will belong to you.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm in California

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    It's a no go there bro, sorry your state sucks ass when it comes to their gun laws. There are major firearm dealers considering pulling up tents in that state just to make a point. Some have already made it well known they will not sell firearms or ammo to Cali unless laws are changed to include LE.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It's a no go there bro, sorry your state sucks ass when it comes to their gun laws. There are major firearm dealers considering pulling up tents in that state just to make a point. Some have already made it well known they will not sell firearms or ammo to Cali unless laws are changed to include LE.
    Yet another reason to move... is anyone willing to adopt me?

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    You are way too old to be adopted
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    So you are saying that if he was younger, you would adopt him? Man, such a cougar.... You perv.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Come North young man . . . come north.

Speaking of which, a local agency just hired some Calis. Just met one on lateral FTO who was a veteran Sacmo cop who fled north. Guy is happy - hope he loves the weather! Ha!

(Kirkland PD - just had a big annexation - looking to fill slots)

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    So you are saying that if he was younger, you would adopt him? Man, such a cougar.... You perv.
    Uhm no...no younger thanks.

And you know NOTHING about my pervertedness....Mr I Dont Discuss Those Things With You..and ONLY YOU.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    See here.

I think the lateral posting closed though.
    Verified Libra- There sure are a lot of people born in August around here.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes he gets you.

Kpdpipes is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Im almost in the same boat here in NJ. My Dept wont allow us Patrol Rifles. i COULD buy one, but id have to have my recieving FFL (Who's a cop BTW) make it NJ-legal before transferring it to me (Pin the telestock, and change out the FH for a Muzzle Brake and pin/weld it).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Verified LEO
    Hey guys sorry about the delay, but the government is involved so you know how it goes, my ffl paper work and, DNA sample, kids right arm and my left kidney have now officially been mailed in and will hope to hear from them, are you ready, in the next 6-8 weeks on my packet YES HURRY UP AND WAIT.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

213th is offline Solipsist
    Hey guys sorry about the delay, but the government is involved so you know how it goes, my ffl paper work and, DNA sample, kids right arm and my left kidney have now officially been mailed in and will hope to hear from them, are you ready, in the next 6-8 weeks on my packet YES HURRY UP AND WAIT.
    Your inbox is full man. I'm gonna try and get my brother to join up and then point him in your direction. Thanks for the info
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

ohionarc is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Tagged to this thread....Look forward to hearing when you receive your FFL. I used to have one, but let it go....shoulda never done that.

OhioNarc

TheBigO
    Somewhere in Ohio

"There will be no peace until they (terrorist) love their children more than they hate ours"

The opinions represented here are mine, they are not intended to in anyway represent my agency.....

Verified LEO
    Well I have not got my FFL yet but do have an email into them for info. Hopefully soon, a good friend of mine in Iowa just got his meeting set with the ATF and we sent them in the same week so hopefully not to much more of hurry up and wait. Keep your toes and other body parts that are able to be crossed, well crossed.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    If I understand correctly, shipping to another FFL puts most of the burdon of BG checks, etc on the FFL you ship to, but I may be wrong. That was just always my impression when I've been on the receiving end after my FFL got it.

I don't think we even have to get a BG check here if we have a CHL, since all the BG's were done when we got the CHL. I may be wrong about that too, but I just know I can walk in a gun store and all they do is call in to see if the CHL is valid. Fifteen minutes later I'm out the door.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information