Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gen 4 Glock

spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    I know this thread is old, but IMO after carrying both as duty weapons M&P>Glock. I know it hasn't been around long, but I've had ZERO malfunctions with either my full sized duty M&P or my BUG/off duty compact 40. I've had the compact for over 3 years now (got it just after the M&P came out) and zero problems. And I shoot a lot.

I purposely did my own little torture test with both my duty M&P and the Glock 22 which was my duty weapon at my old department. A week at the range for a class, a few thousand rounds, no cleaning. The Glock had only one malfunction, a stovepipe (wasn't me wristing, had it on video). The M&P didn't have any, and to this day a year and half later, still none even with the light.

To sum it up, M&P is easier to take down, more comfortable to shoot, has the adjustable backstraps, has a really well designed mag relese button, and in my own personal experience, is just as reliable. It also shoots with a light attached because of the steel chassis built into the frame.

And spcwes, I got 3 magazines free for my compact. IIRC 2 with the finger extensions and one with a flat baseplate. S&W runs promos all the time for free magazines.
    Just to touch on this once again, the M&P mags in my area are around $50 per on the 40 and 45 cals. Not sure the price on others. I can buy almost 4 glock mags if I shop for that cost and our local shop told us he can't get extra mags for them at this time after what he has sells.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

Drico is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Had the opportunity to shoot the Glock 34 9mm on the range last week and was very comfortable with it, the recoil is far less of course when coming from the USP .45..which of course kicks it in the ass a bit. Most of the instructors were all Glock fanatics and most went through the armorers course, they swear by the Glocks and most will tell you that when it comes to competition shooting...Glock is boss.

I personally don't own a Glock but I do have a Springfield XD sub chambered in .40..and it requires you pull the trigger to field strip as well, listen...you apply the basic principles and you'll be fine, I constantly find myself racking the shit out of my slide and sticking my fingers in the chamber and mag well often...

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    I am a fan of the 1911 as my primary but my department doesn't issue or allow it. Being that the Glock is my primary duty weapon I am very interested in seeing the new one.

Here the only weapon authorized is the 1911, if you don't have your own we will issue one. Of course it must be a Colt, Spring field, STI, Kimber or Para. No Charles Daily lol
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Drico is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Lucky guys, we are prohibited from carrying any single action for on or off-duty carry..plus no magnum loads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information