Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    From what I've read here your new to L.E. ? If thats the case I would try to find an off duty behavior class that cover concealed carry. I took one of those when I 1st got started in L.E. and as a newb it covered a lot of the gray areas that get other guys caught up!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Drico is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper_132 View Post
    From what I've read here your new to L.E. ? If thats the case I would try to find an off duty behavior class that cover concealed carry. I took one of those when I 1st got started in L.E. and as a newb it covered a lot of the gray areas that get other guys caught up!
    Thanks I will look into it...

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Anytime, I was training a Rookie today, i forgot how much of a pain in the ass I was, lol. Now I feel sorry for my FTO, HAHA
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I carry a Glock 23 with a mounted TLR-1 on duty and off, and it's all in the holster. I wear a Phantom II from Raven Concealment (themalabarfront.com), and my pistol absolutely disappears under even the lightest of clothing. For 'deep concealment' I have a Kel-Tec PF 9, and a Beretta Bobcat, either of which can be carried in a pocket. I HATED my Baby Glock, but I love grown-up Glocks.
    "Aim small, miss small."

hybrid is offline Corporal
    I carry a cheap little IWB holster from eBay. It works, but pisses everyone off, including myself. It has a metal clip sticking out that scratches everything it touches, including door panels in vehicles. My friends hate me, haha. I will be looking into the crossbreed holster though. I've heard a lot of good things about them.
    "In God we trust. All others we run through NCIC."

www.myspace.com/egtrix

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Verified LEO
    Just wanted to share...picked up a brand new XD sub-compact .40 last night for off duty. Total out the door was $588.00. I love the feel of the handgun and with the extended mag it feels even better...hopefully soon I can get around to putting rounds through it...

spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    The HK compact should be looked at.

Remember that the job of an off duty gun is not to be comfortable, but comforting in a real fight.
    This^ And again This ^
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

DeputyDuc is offline On a wheel
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    As to holster, before you decide check out Comp-Tac. Their C-Tac is about the thinnest most comfortable holster for IWB carry. The adjustment capabilities are great too.
    I'll 2nd the CTAC. Tried a CB Supertuck but went CTAC as, though it's not often on display for admiration or criticism, the latter has a more refined aesthetic. I see mine enough that I just couldn't get past the fugliness of the CB. Hell their website even disclaims something to the effect of 'it ain't the prettiest thing out there'.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with either as they both quite nearly make a gun disappear, visually and comfort-wise, but in addition to the other edges I found the CTAC's clips superior w.respect to profile and flexibility. A few bucks more, but worth it IMO.

APB Guest
    I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max II that I use off duty with my Glock 23. Really comfortable once it's broken in a bit, retention is good (can turn it upside down and it won't fall out, but I can draw smoothly), and their craftsmanship is excellent, all hand-tooled, high-quality leather. It's set for the FBI cant, there's some adjustability but not that much.

Only downsides are that they're expensive, and the current lead time is 22-30 weeks unless you happen to catch them in stock at Top Gun Supply, Brownell's, or Lightning Arms, the three authorized distributors for the company. One good tactic if you want is to get put on Top Gun's "notify me when in stock" email list for the holster you want, and then jump (and I do mean fast) on and get it once you get that stock email. They go really fast.

Other than that, I've tried a Crossbreed SuperTuck, and it was also really nice... comfy, good ride and good hide.

Verified LEO
    I spend some time on the XDtalk forums and most everyone on there speak volumes about both the supertuck and the CTAC, seems like the popular choice for sure when it comes to IWB conceal carry.

I might pick up a Blackhawk SERPA holster as well, tomorrow am I'm going to the range and see how this XD sub compact behaves.

Verified LEO
    Just to update..put about 150 rnds. down range on target today...I have to say the gun feels great in my hand, the 9 round mag has to go though. I prefer the 12 round extended mag it gives me the option of gripping with all 4 rather than 3 on the basic mag. My grouping at the beginning was good but as time went on I started to abandon my shooting principles and just started slacking on trigger pull etc...overall I got some good initial shooting time on the gun...

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I picked up a 1911 Colt Commander for $250, friend that need money are awesome!!!! Oh and I'm big enough that I can carry it as my back up! I like I like!!!

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffy2202 View Post
    I've seen the webesite for the holster and thought about buying one, but didn't know anyone who had one. With your recommendation, I think I will get one. Thanks!
    I'll 2nd the recommendation on the Crossbreed holster Supertuck. Iit is what I carry my Sig P225 in. It's very comfortable, very secure, I almost forget I'm carrying.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information