Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Homemade Holsters

I got a little industrious over the weekend, and these guys are the result. I've paid a lot of good money for some good holsters over the last couple of years, but I think I can handle it from here... The first two I made are for my Glock 21SF w/ TLR-1, and the other is for my Glock 35 w/ TLR-1. These have turned out to be very comfortable, and they very effectively conceal under an untucked shirt. Right now I can do Glocks (19/23, 17/22, 34/35, 21SF) and a couple of others, but if I have any luck selling these guys I hope to expand my options. Thanks for looking!

"Aim small, miss small."

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How much?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    PM sent.
    "Aim small, miss small."

kannahspapa is offline An old cop the kids call Grandpa.
    Verified LEO
    How much for a Glock 22?

Verified LEO
    Update on my holster progress... I have acquired a Sig 226 (w/ rail) blue gun for use as a mold, and by weeks end I will have 1911 w/ rail to work with. Standard 1911's are good to go also.

I've got some lo-profile mag pouches that can be done for Glock or Beretta mags, as well as some AR-15 mag pouches and i-Phone/ Otterbox cases that beat the snot out of the standard Otterbox carrier.

Please, Pm me if I can help any of you guys out!
    "Aim small, miss small."

krauty is online now Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Think you would be able to do a Blackberry Otterbox case?

Verified LEO
    If I can find someone with a BB in an Otterbox it shouldn't be a problem... I believe a guy in my office has just that. Stay tuned.
    "Aim small, miss small."

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've had my holster from Diesel for a couple of weeks now. I got it for my Glock 21 with a TLR-1 streamlight on it. This is a full size duty gun that holds 14 rounds of .45 auto in it. Not the easiest thing to conceal without having some massive tumor looking bulge. For someone as skinny as I am it is damn near impossible. He is an O/R member and I like to throw business to fellow members when I can. I didn't think I could get the gun to conceal properly on me but I figured I would try it and see how she does. As soon as I got the holster I looked it over. It isn't the prettiest thing to look at but that didn't matter. I could see that it was designed with one thing in mind. To conceal a full size gun. It is a kydex material so you will get holster wear on your gun. Doesn't matter to me. The gun that this holster is for has been carried by me for 11 years now and has lots of dings scratches and marks on it. There is no "retention" device for the holster but the mold of the holster seems to grab onto the gun when it is inserted. I turned the holster upside down with the gun in it and shook it a couple times and the gun did not come out. When it is on my hip it has no problem coming out when I'm doing a draw. I put it on my hip and put my shirt over it and was pleased to see the gun disappear. I couldn't see any difference between Diesel's holster or the one I use for my subcompact .45.

I took it to the range today and ran through the paces with it. Here you can see that the gun is concealed. There is no bulge. What you see is just a shirt hanging off my shoulders.

The holster does appear bulky when on me, but keep in mind that one I'm a skinny bastard and two, the holster is actually wrapping around me to make it easier to conceal the weapon.

Here you can see a draw from the holster while it is concealed. I'm about 10 paces from the target. I'm also a lousy shot so please forgive me there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGLoFtv5vVQ]YouTube - PICT0131.AVI[/ame]

Another video from a concealed draw. Bonus points for anyone that recognizes the shirt

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i41cu7vOR4]YouTube - PICT0136.AVI[/ame]

here are some pictures of the holster with an appropriate background

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Loving the last two pictures. For what it is worth I had in house training yesterday and one of our instructors had one of his holsters for a G22 with light, but he used a desert camo pattern to make it more pretty if you are a Nancy like that. Also had an extra mag holder.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Loving the last two pictures.
    That was an exceptional background selection

Verified LEO
    Thanks for the write-up pgg! (pgg was my first customer too might I add) Great pics and video. And just to update everyone one more time, I am now legitimately in business as Trojan Tactical LLC. I'm available via email at trojantactical@gmail.com and my website is coming up soon at trotac.com. For those in the Central AL area, my gear is also available at Hoover Tactical here in Birmingham.

As pgg stated, my holsters are not made for looks... They actually more intended to not be seen. I am constantly seeking out ideas and new products to make carrying and concealing firearms easier and more effective, please let me know if I can be of any assistance to any of you!
    "Aim small, miss small."

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Ha! How bout something for us girls? You know how hard it is to hide a Sig226 when you have hips? Even with subcompacts its hard...not in winter but when the weather gets warm..even if I wear long baggy shirts (not my thing)..I still cant hide it. And in the small of my back doesnt work either...I was blessed (and I use that term loosely) with a booty. And I HATE carrying it in a purse..how the heck can you have fun with a purse? Just a thought...good market if you can find a way....still looking for a good holster/gun combo for off duty...
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Ha! How bout something for us girls? You know how hard it is to hide a Sig226 when you have hips? Even with subcompacts its hard...not in winter but when the weather gets warm..even if I wear long baggy shirts (not my thing)..I still cant hide it. And in the small of my back doesnt work either...I was blessed (and I use that term loosely) with a booty. And I HATE carrying it in a purse..how the heck can you have fun with a purse? Just a thought...good market if you can find a way....still looking for a good holster/gun combo for off duty...
    If he can design it with a cant it may work, plus make it ride high so its not really touching your hips. A good sturdy gun belt would be a must also

Oh, and

Verified LEO
    Wolven... Not my first request for a more "lady friendly" rig. Please pm me with your preferences for a good holster fit for you and I will definitely see what I can do. Those things pgg mentioned are very doable, and seem to me like they would work, but I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Just let me know!
    "Aim small, miss small."

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post

Oh, and
    What the complete hell can you ask for a picture of with that paragraph????
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    If he can design it with a cant it may work, plus make it ride high so its not really touching your hips. A good sturdy gun belt would be a must also

Oh, and
    What the complete hell can you ask for a picture of with that paragraph????

Mike325 is offline I like to ride on the fence!
    Verified LEO
    Don't you carry your glock like this?

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I got my second holster in from diesel. I also got a mag carrier. I used the first one he made for me frequently with training, court, and when I felt like carrying a bigger gun. I lateraled with a new agency and they don't allow .45 so I bought myself a brand new Glock 35 and slapped my TLR-1 on it. A simple email and payment to diesel had the mag pouch and holster on it's way. With this holster I can conceal that big gun with out a problem. Fit is very good. One thing I was pleased to learn is that my spare mag seems to "lock" in the spare mag holder. The gun does the same thing. I shook them both upside down and nothing fell out. The holster grips the gun securly enough that I need a positive draw stroke to get it out. Once I can convince someone to go to the range with me and bring a camera I'll post pics and video like last time.
    Last edited by pgg; 12-25-10 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He is working on one for me as well so a review and video are possible.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    Email sent. Looking for a holder for my Anroid phone. I like the little Bandito holster, I actually have one that I bought from Gabe Suarez last year, great little holster. Some friends of mine want one, I'll direct them to you for it.

Oh!! I need a holster for my Model 10 .38! If you can make one for a lefty, I'll take it!!
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information