Welcome to the APBWeb.
    DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

I think I've achieved near pistol perfection...

I sold my "hunting rifle" (that I never once hunted with, but it was an excuse for a new rifle) a few weeks ago, and decided that I should have a new pistol. For a whole week, I deliberated between an FN FNP 9 and a CZ SP-01 Tactical, and had just about decided CZ. But wouldn't you know that when I walked into the shop to drop some cash, there sat the Glock 34 that they had received only hours before on a trade.

On patrol, I carry a 35, but I much prefer 9mm to 40 when recreationally shooting (or any other time pretty much) and the 34 was something that eluded me for some time. Mine appeared to have been fired very little as there was no finish wear on the barrel, and there was still some Glock "copper grease" in the slide. The only thing not stock on this gun is the sights, which consist of an EXTREMELY flat black rear sight and a red fiber optic front sight (if I can find out what they are I'll post it... they are friggin' awesome to shoot). Because I had money in hand and was in a spending mood, I also picked up a 32 round magazine to go with my new piece, just because that seemed like a fun thing to do.

So today, I finally to shoot it... and it was a dream. I started on the fifteen yard line with a bank of plates, that fell one after other in fairly rapid succession. While shooting those plates I quickly realized that with these particular sights that if I saw red on white (the plates were white), I could confidently pull the trigger. I always knew where my rear sight was, but all I was seeing was the front sight. It truly was a beautiful thing. All in all I put about 300 rounds through it today, and in typical Glock fashion no hiccups were encountered. I am hopefully going to get into a little bit 3 gunning here soon, and this will be my "go to" gat in any pistol comps I get to play in for sure.

Of course it ONLY gets carried in a Trojan Tactical holster, and I believe that these are the sights that it has.

(And I know... Worthless without pics... stay tuned)
    "Aim small, miss small."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Did you get this at HTF, and was that you at the range today about 1000? If I would have known I would have dropped by after dropping my customer off at the jail. Interested in these sights you speak of too.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Did you get this at HTF, and was that you at the range today about 1000? If I would have known I would have dropped by after dropping my customer off at the jail. Interested in these sights you speak of too.
    Yes I did and yes it was.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on these being the same sights that I have...

Warren Tactical Sight Set Warren Tactical Glock Sevigny Carry Sight Set with Fiber Optic Inserted Front and Black Non-Serrated Fixed Rear Detail Page
    "Aim small, miss small."

Verified LEO
    After a little more research, the Warren/ Sevigny sights are definitely what my 34 has. They offer plain (what I have), serrated, and 1 dot tritium rear sights as well as plain, serrated, fiber optic (ships with red and green inserts), and tritium front sights. Just from taking a quick look at a google search, these sights are apparently all the rage in competition shooting, and even a fair amount on carry guns. I for one instantly became a fan, and I'll probably be picking some up for my 35 and 23. The rear sight is adjustable, but does not overhang at all. It looks like a fixed sight, but it uses a set screw to lock it into the dovetail.
    "Aim small, miss small."

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Congrats on the new pistola. I'm thinking about going to the fiber optic also, guess I don't have to wonder about 'em now...
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would much like to switch to a 35 for duty use.

Nice find!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    I would much like to switch to a 35 for duty use.

Nice find!
    I like my 35 for work. Another member who hated .40 glocks tried it and is now gettig one for duty. When we meet up next time I'll bring it in a trojan tactical holster (shameless plug) for you to play with.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    No shame in that plug pgg, just got mine this week and have worn it out twice so far. A review is coming.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    As pgg and I have discussed, there is indeed worlds of difference in a 35 and the 22 if you must shoot a .40 cal Glock. I have really not had much experience with a 17 much, but I can definitely say that the 34 is an absolute pleasure to shoot.

It is also worth noting that I didn't have any problems with the slide ripping the top of my hand open like I usually do with .40 cal Glocks. If I tried to grip so high that the slide would get me it would, but as long as I stayed with my natural grip I didn't have any problems.

I'm really looking forward to shooting some IDPA and/ or 3 gun with her.
    "Aim small, miss small."

98z28 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Nice find. The Warren sights are awesome. By far my favorite carry sight. The rear just melts and allows you to focus on the front in a way that no other sight does. They offer the skinniest front sight with tritium that I have found (0.125"). The skinny front combined with their 0.150" rear notch is fast, but also allows for precision when you need it. They make a three dot version with a bright green tritium front and subdued yellow rears. All of my duty and carry pistols get this option. Brownells carries them with a significant discount for LEOs.

Where are the pictures man? As restitution, I think we need to organize an Alabama APB/OR shoot so we can all put rounds through your new G34.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm down.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Nice find. The Warren sights are awesome. By far my favorite carry sight. The rear just melts and allows you to focus on the front in a way that no other sight does. They offer the skinniest front sight with tritium that I have found (0.125"). The skinny front combined with their 0.150" rear notch is fast, but also allows for precision when you need it. They make a three dot version with a bright green tritium front and subdued yellow rears. All of my duty and carry pistols get this option. Brownells carries them with a significant discount for LEOs.

Where are the pictures man? As restitution, I think we need to organize an Alabama APB/OR shoot so we can all put rounds through your new G34.
    That sounds like a plan! Sorry for the delayed pics, I've just been COMPLETELY swamped here lately.
    Spent 3 days of my 4 day weekend processing meth labs, I'm knee deep in holster orders, and I've got a 15 page paper due Friday for my Master's class. I might be able to snap some pics this weekend...
    "Aim small, miss small."

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    As restitution, I think we need to organize an Alabama APB/OR shoot so we can all put rounds through your new G34.
    +1

98z28 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL326 View Post
    That sounds like a plan! Sorry for the delayed pics, I've just been COMPLETELY swamped here lately.
    Spent 3 days of my 4 day weekend processing meth labs, I'm knee deep in holster orders, and I've got a 15 page paper due Friday for my Master's class. I might be able to snap some pics this weekend...
    Well then quit screwing around on the Internet and go make my holster.

Sarge405 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Got a 17 and 22 both done by AMU/MTU MSGT. Best grip/frame reduction and internal work I have seen. Sights are Warren Tactical-plain.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information