Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Handguns

Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO

Handguns

My handgun collection. The two Glocks and the S&W Model 49 Bodyguard are my "duty & Off-duty" pieces.

I've had some folks asking me what I own. So here is my handgun collection. Mostly revolvers, but I do have a couple Glocks and a Browning Buckmark.

Starting from the bottom (lower left hand corner) going clockwise:

1)Browning Buckmark Camper w/5.5" barrel (22LR)
    2)GLOCK 26 (9mm)
    3)GLOCK 19 (9mm)
    4)Colt Model 1908 Hammerless, 1st Issue (.308 ACP) - Mfd. 1908
    5)Colt Detective Special, Post 1972 (38 Spl)
    6)Colt Lawman Mk III Snubbie (.357 Magnum)
    7)Colt Trooper w/4" barrel (38 Spl) - Mfd. 1960
    8)Colt Officer Match Target w/6" barrel (38 Spl) - Mfd. 1940
    9)S&W K-38 4 screw w/6" barrel (38 Spl)- Mfd. 1956
    10)Smith & Wesson M&P Model of 1905, 3rd Change w/ 6" barrel (38 Spl)-Mfd. 1913
    11)Smith & Wesson M&P Post WW II 5 Screw Transitional w/ 5" barrel (38 Spl) -Mfd. 1947
    12)Smith & Wesson M&P Model of 1899 w/4" barrel (38 Spl) - Mfd. 1902
    13)S&W Heavy Duty (Pre-Model 20) w/5" barrel (38/44 High Velocity)- Mfd. 1937
    14)S&W Model 49 Bodyguard (38 Spl)
    15)S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman w/4" barrel (.357 Magnum). I had it refinished back in 2004. Parkarized with a Teflon coating.
    16)Webley Mk VI w/6" barrel
    17)Manuhrin MR-73 revolver w/4" barrel (.357 magnum)

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    How many of those have you managed to carry at the same time?

Verified LEO
    No more than two at any given time. Typically one of the Glocks and the S&W Model 49. Truth be told I usually carry only the Smith when off duty.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
    No more than two at any given time. Typically one of the Glocks and the S&W Model 49. Truth be told I usually carry only the Smith when off duty.
    You need more hands!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    You need more hands!

yep.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Very nice gun collection
    Arm the sheep!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinki View Post
    Very nice gun collection
    thanks. I'm a cop so it's taken me approximately twelve years of trading and counter trading and saving up money to get what you see. I just can't drop $800 on a whim. Wish I could. In the past couple of years I've noticed that more and more pre-WWII pieces have been coming out on the market for pretty reasonable prices. I suspect two things. One is the economy of course. The other one is the Depression/WWII generation is dying off in greater and greater numbers. Their off-spring are getting rid of the guns.

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    The other one is the Depression/WWII generation is dying off in greater and greater numbers. Their off-spring are getting rid of the guns.

My 91YO Dad served in Europe during and after WWII, and brought back a Walther P38 (he also has the holster and two mags), that he took away from a German officer he took prisoner. It is still in mint condition, and is not something I would ever want to get rid of, knowing the history on it, as well as what Dad went through to get it.

I also have a picture that someone took of him with that officer in an old album somewhere around here.

Get rid of it? I don't think so.
    The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunguy View Post

My 91YO Dad served in Europe during and after WWII, and brought back a Walther P38 (he also has the holster and two mags), that he took away from a German officer he took prisoner. It is still in mint condition, and is not something I would ever want to get rid of, knowing the history on it, as well as what Dad went through to get it.

I also have a picture that someone took of him with that officer in an old album somewhere around here.

Get rid of it? I don't think so.
    Glad to her that, but as we know, not everybody feels that way. To be honest that's okay with me. Their loss is my gain.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    In the past couple of years I've noticed that more and more pre-WWII pieces have been coming out on the market for pretty reasonable prices. I suspect two things. One is the economy of course. The other one is the Depression/WWII generation is dying off in greater and greater numbers. Their off-spring are getting rid of the guns.

My aunt recently told me that she ran across "the .45 that my great-grandfather carried in the war" and she doesn't know what to do with it. Knowing his era, and praying that she would only mean a genuine 1911, I told her that it'll be safe and sound in my house and will always stay in the family.

Now, to get her down here with the gun....
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    My aunt recently told me that she ran across "the .45 that my great-grandfather carried in the war" and she doesn't know what to do with it. Knowing his era, and praying that she would only mean a genuine 1911, I told her that it'll be safe and sound in my house and will always stay in the family.

Now, to get her down here with the gun....
    Yes. Check it out and don't let her sell it. Because there are many guys like me waiting to pounce.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    If you get into a first gen 1911 from WWI, that's an expensive gun.

It's good to see some Colt revolvers. I only have 5 ponies, but I've only been collecting for 7 years, and haven't bought any since my kid was born in 09 since the money goes elsewhere.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    If you get into a first gen 1911 from WWI, that's an expensive gun.

It's good to see some Colt revolvers. I only have 5 ponies, but I've only been collecting for 7 years, and haven't bought any since my kid was born in 09 since the money goes elsewhere.

Yeah I understand. My kids are teenagers now. They're still expensive, but when they were babies and toddlers I didn't buy any guns for approximately five years (95-2000). Looking back on that time period I just didn't go into gun shops. I also didn't look at guns when I was in a store that carried guns such as Wal-Mart or Cabelas. Wow how did I do that?

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I need more so I can catch up
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    I own enough to get the various jobs done.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Yeah I understand. My kids are teenagers now. They're still expensive, but when they were babies and toddlers I didn't buy any guns for approximately five years (95-2000). Looking back on that time period I just didn't go into gun shops. I also didn't look at guns when I was in a store that carried guns such as Wal-Mart or Cabelas. Wow how did I do that?
    Oh believe me, I still go look. And I buy ammo still, which gives me an excuse to go into the gun shops.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Got anything you want to sell
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Got anything you want to sell
    No I just sold a Winchester rifle to Cabelas so that I could buy the Colt Officer Model Target and Colt Trooper.

Thread Information