Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Kudos to the Smith and Wesson M&P

I don't know if it is as obvious on this board as other I haunt, but I am a huge Glock fan. The reasons are simple. I have carried and trained with one exclusively for eight years. I've learned to appreciate the reliability and simple mechanics of the gun. I have always just accepted that it did not fit my hand well. Granted the latest Gen 4 has helped that a good bit. It help so much so that my last two pistol purchases have been a Gen 4 17 for duty use and a Gen 4 21 for a night stand gun. This last bit of in-house training got Diesel and I talking about his M&P. He just happened to have it with him. Since he was a firearms instructor for the day he also had access to can of ammo. We took this out and tapped out about 100 rounds:

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm

My first impressions:

1. This fits my hand better than any other auto pistol. My trigger pull improved because of it.
    2. There is no trigger reset like a Glock. Took a mag to get used to, but once I did follow up shots and double tabs were about the same speed, but they were more accurate.

This has almost sold me on my next pistol purchase:

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD

I have been told that there are even slight improvements for the trigger. All I know is head shots from 15 yards stong handed unsupported are much easier, with no fliers. This was the first time I have ever touched an automatic S&W too.

Just thought I would pass this along. As Diesel and I were talking he mentioned that he was turned on to them by a guy he has had the pleasure of doing some training with. I highly recommend you check out "that guy's" Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Way-o...08207132643728

Click the link or do a Facebook search for "Way of the Gun"

Simple lesson:

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A touch more advanced:

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've shot them. The trigger is absolutely horrid. If they could fix that they would be the pistol to beat.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    We're replacing our S&W 4006 with the M&P 40 as soon as it's off backorder
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    Yet another convert... welcome to the club!

Thread Information