Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By krauty

Thread: Thinking about buy a Kahr CM9...

code3bg is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O

Thinking about buy a Kahr CM9...

So after months and months of carrying my full size 1911 while off duty... I'm sick of it! I've had the chance to fondle and play with the Kahr CM9 and the CW40. The general opinion of the Kahrs is that they're extremely accurate, reliable firearms. I was hoping to find an M&P Shield... but they're impossible to find anywhere around here at this time. Anyone have any info/opinions on the Kahr pistols (specifically the CM9)?

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Kahrs are a good weapon, but IMO they are way overpriced. If you want to shell out the bucks, they will, no doubt, meet your expectations.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Never heard anything but good about Kahr Arms.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I've heard good things also. They are expensive though.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    One other thing to note. On my partners Kahr you need to use the slide stop to chamber a round. If you just pull back the slide to release it like you do a glock it will jam. Even said it in his manual
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    I have a Kahr 9mm. Excellent weapon with a smooth DAO trigger. I have some surplus UK Radway Green 9x19 ammo with an 85gr softnose that my Kahr really shoots well. I avoid plastic Kahr bought out Auto-Ordnance (Thompson) and they build the M-1 Carbine for the US market. The Kahr carbine is a faithful reproduction of the USGI 30 M! carbine. Since Hope & Change & Co. (aka Bait & Switch) Obama/Holder reversed on their promise to allow, blocked the import of thousands of used carbines, returned from the ROK Army, the Kahr is a very accurate 'new' carbine. The Kahr carbine I looked at was priced in the $700-800 range, about what you can now get a beat-up USGI in CMP "rack grade".
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I have had a CM9 for a while now. I have about 300-400 rounds through it without any issues. It is an extremely accurate little gun. I only have two things I am not a fan of is how the magazines seem to be pretty poor quality and the other is what PGG said.

Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    One other thing to note. On my partners Kahr you need to use the slide stop to chamber a round. If you just pull back the slide to release it like you do a glock it will jam. Even said it in his manual
    I paid $380 for mine shipped to my office from OMB Guns - Individual LE Price. I think it was defiantly worth it.
    code3bg likes this.

Verified C/O
    The P-series pistols are WAY out of line as far as price goes. But the C-series are a lot better. I bought the CM9 for $409 LE price ($518 msrp). Haven't got my hands on it yet but I'm sure it'll be awesome (that's what I get for buying a gun that wasn't in stock... I haven't had to wait for a gun since I lived in CA!)

Verified C/O
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I didn't know about that. I guess that doesn't matter too much, as long as the pistol is reliable and accurate. I can see it being a pain in the ass though as time goes on. In the grand scheme of things... it's gonna be a million times more comfortable than carrying my full size 1911 (or my G23 for that matter) and that makes it all worth it! I love that gun though.

Thread Information