Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Oregon sheriff says he won't federal gun regulations "offending the constitutional rights" of his citizens, or permit federal officers to go to his county to enforce them

An Oregon sheriff says he will not enforce any federal regulation that President Barack Obama lays outin his package of gun control proposals Wednesday.
    Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller joins several other public officials across the nation who have decided to square off with the White House even before it outlines what its plans are for expanded measures.Mueller sent a letter to Vice President Joe Biden this week saying he won't enforce any federal regulation "offending the constitutional rights of my citizens." He won't permit federal officers to come to his county to enforce such laws either, he said.
    Mueller's defiant stand exploded into a groundswell of support. His letter -- posted on the department's Facebook page -- earned more than 59,000 likes and shares -- and was growing by the minute.
    Oregon sheriff: 'Unconstitutional' gun control laws won't be enforced - CNN.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good. Every single law enforcement officer and military member needs to remember their oaths and what constitutes an illegal order. Obama is opening trying to violate the constitution and needs to be impeached
    sgtbear111 likes this.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I commend him and others for this type of mentality. Wyoming and Mississippi have legislation ready to put in place against enforcing new federal gun law. If the legislation is passed and remains without successful federal challenge the legislation will only last until an Obama/Federal sympathizer is elected and will enforce the federal law. Money talks in elections as we have just observed. Sad times.
    Ultimately this will fall directly on the shoulders of the individual citizen and individual officer to decide their own course of action. When the penality for not enforcing the law as the feds mandate it becomes apparent I fear some officers both local and federal will begin to enforce the new laws and executive orders. As federal sympathizers are elected they will make enforcement mandatory and if a person decides not to enforce they will simply be out of a job. They will then be replaced with people who will. This will take time of course but it will happen. None of this is designed to happen over night. It will happen a little at a time. We have gone from a nation whose freedom was won with firearms to a nation making a rather successful try to get rid of them and that has taken over 200 years. It is amazing how our government was created for one thing and has evolved into what wasn't supposed to be. It was meant to happen. History does indeed repeat itself. People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. Unfortunatley that is not the case.
    sgtbear111 likes this.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information