Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pac201

Thread: Major Cities Chiefs Association supports gun control while Major County Sheriffs Association doesn't

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Major Cities Chiefs Association supports gun control while Major County Sheriffs Association doesn't

Obama said Monday that he was seeking a "basic consensus" among law enforcement executives to pressure Congress for legislation to ban assault-style weapons and restrict high-capacity ammunition magazines, among a score of other measures.
    But it turns out the two national groups representing police and sheriffs at a meeting of law enforcement officials Monday at the White House the Major Cities Chiefs Association and the Major County Sheriffs Association disagree on the initiative. The chiefs back it, while the sheriffs oppose it.
    he divide reflects a cultural and political gulf between police chiefs and sheriffs in a number of areas, criminal justice experts told NBC News.Police chiefs run departments in cities where most gun crimes take place, according to FBI crime statistics over the past decade. Sheriffs run departments in counties, some or all of their jurisdictions covering rural areas where hunting and sport shooting are cherished rights.
    Police chiefs, sheriffs divided over gun control measures - U.S. News

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It has nothing to do with where gun crime takes place. It has to do with chiefs being appointed by liberal councils that they are beholden to. I've never met a chief yet that supported the previous ban. They were just required to state so to keep their jobs.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hmm. I can see why. Around here the chief law enforcement officer of the parish is the Sheriff. All municipalities rest in the confines of the parish.

27. Sheriffs

Section 27. In each parish a sheriff shall be elected for a term of four years. He shall be the chief law enforcement officer in the parish, except as otherwise provided by this constitution, and shall execute court orders and process. He shall be the collector of state and parish ad valorem taxes and such other taxes and license fees as provided by law.

This Section shall not apply to Orleans Parish.
    (it applies to Orleans now)

Obama will surround himself with people that will say what he wants in order to keep their positions.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Agree with rest of the posters, I was a chief for a number of years and I in no way shape form or fashion support any gun control legislation.

I was fortunate enough to work in rural Alabama, and as we all know we're a bunch of rednecks clinging to our God and our guns...
    lewisipso likes this.
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Thread Information