Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Mini Glock 9mm

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO

Mini Glock 9mm

I just bought a G-26 from a co-worker, $325.00 for gun, 3 mags, grip extenders and 2 holsters.
    I have my old{er} duty ammo Federal 147gr. Hydra-Shoks. Are they ok to use in the mini? Too hot and powerful?
    Should I buy some lower grain ammo for off-duty?

A friend on Facebook showed me an article from Chuck someone saying NEVER EVER EVER USE 147 gr. 9mm...
    I'm so confused
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I'm not aware of any limits on the load for the Model 26. I know I've fired 180 gr .40 in my 27... You might check Glock's website and even contact them, especially if you didn't get the manuals. Glock does insist on factory ammo to maintain warranty.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Should I buy some lower grain ammo for off-duty?

And, Pray tell, where the hell are you getting ammo from. Pretty much dried up down here.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have not had any issue with hydroshoks in any glock. That was actually or duty ammo for quite a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It'll be fine
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Thanks. Now to find a range to use. There's one near me but it's pricey to join and I need to be accepted in, or I can join the State Game Lands range for $30.00 but the permit runs from 7-1 to 6-30, regardless of when I buy the permit. Since it's end of May, I dont get much use for $30.00. Although the plain fact of shooting guns outdoors is fun and it'll help me on qualification day next week
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I haven't had a problem in any of my Glocks with feeding or ejecting any ammo.

Do the Federal Hydra Shok 147gr 9mm bullets reach a high enough velocity, out of a short barrel, to reliably penetrate/expand? The manufacturers website indicates a 1000 fps muzzle velocity but doesn't mention barrel length.

FWIW, the NYPD did significant research on 9mm bullets out of short barrel handguns (among others the Glock 19 and 26 are authorized) and went with the Speer Gold Dot 124gr 9mm +P as their duty round.
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Thread Information