Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Romantic meals?

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Easy Dessert #2

Chocolate covered strawberries

Fresh strawberries
    Baker's brand dipping chocolate (there's another manufacturer who makes the same kind of product, if I can remember the name I'll add it here).

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO

Engagement Chicken

Know you are married but....simple and stories of it causing men to propose...cant hurt for a romantic dinner. Easy too lol

Engagement Chicken
    •1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lb.)
    •2 medium lemons
    •Fresh lemon juice (1/2 cup)
    •Kosher or sea salt
    •Ground black pepper
    Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until it reaches room temp (about 15 minutes). Pat dry with paper towels. Pour lemon juice all over the chicken (inside and outside). Season with salt and pepper. Prick the whole lemons three times with a fork and place deep inside the cavity. (Tip: If lemons are hard, roll on countertop with your palm to get juices flowing.) Place the bird breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan, lower heat to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more. Test for doneness—a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 180 degrees, or juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. Continue baking if necessary. Let chicken cool for a few minutes before carving. Serve with juices.

Read More How to Make "Engagement Chicken": Magazine: glamour.com
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Preheat oven to 350.

(Recipe can be easily doubled)
    2 bone-in pork loin chops
    2 TBS honey
    2 TBS brown sugar
    2 TBS olive or vegetable oil
    1 TBS soy sauce
    Garlic powder
    Salt
    Black pepper

Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder onto chops (both sides). Add oil to a skillet, heat at medium high, brown chops on both sides and put them into a baking dish.

Blend the other ingredients together in a small bowl, pop it into the microwave for a few seconds or until the sugar is dissolved (or heat in a small pan). Brush or spread half of the soy/honey mixture onto the top of the chops.

Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, then turn chops and add soy/honey to the other side. Return chops to oven and bake for and additional 15-20 minutes.

You can serve that with mashed sweet potatoes seasoned only with butter, salt, and pepper, maybe a tiny bit of cinnamon and chili powder.

Take a look in a grocery store or Target/Walmart's freezer section and choose a vegetable blend that is colorful and will look good on the plate.
    Would that work for chicken too?
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Would that work for chicken too?
    It sure would! The cooking time might have to adjusted depending on what part of the chicken you're using, but the flavors will lend themselves well to chicken.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Tons if raw oysters with Johnny walker
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    Tons if raw oysters with Johnny walker
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Excellent! Thanks everyone!
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information