Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Beer Review

GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO
    As a side note, if any of you are in the Montgomery, Alabama area, and are looking for a good place to have dinner/beer, I recommend El Rey Burrito Lounge in Old Cloverdale. ( El Rey Burrito Lounge ). The food is great, service is excellent, and the beer selection is unparalled.

Unfortunately, I'm about to go on a Keto Diet, so I would not be able to join you unless it's on a Monday or Tuesday night.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Coyotesfan97 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Gunmetal that looks like a good place to eat and drink! I always like Mexican food

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Tried this the other night on the advice of one of my favorite bartenders.

beer_prodshot_shift.png

New Belgium employee-owners work in shifts to brew to life world-class beers. Those efforts are rewarded daily with a shared end-of-shift beer. We’re passing that welcomed occasion onto consumers in this lightly-hopped Shift Pale Lager. From work to play, from bottle to can, from bold and heavy to refreshing and sessionable; Shift salutes the shift in occasion, package and beer. So, go ahead and get your Shift beer, you’ve earned it!
    New Belgium Brewing - Age Verification
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well it's Father's Day, but it is also Sunday. In parts of "Alabamastan" that means no alcohol sales. I live in one of those areas. Just fished the gallon of Avondale Vanilla Porter this week so a new review will be up when I get back by City Vineyard.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cornfed1100 is offline Officer First Class
    http://www.yuengling.com/faq

Yuengling recently came to Ohio. Its all the rage at the moment. I'm a cheap watered down beer drinker. It seems to be a good compromise between Cheap watered Bud Light and beer so thick you need to chew it. I've had it several times and it's good to taste a beer with flavor. I still buy my Bud Light and recognize I'm beer inept.

Tapatalk does not require a sobriety test to post.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed1100 View Post
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Yuengling

Yuengling recently came to Ohio. Its all the rage at the moment. I'm a cheap watered down beer drinker. It seems to be a good compromise between Cheap watered Bud Light and beer so thick you need to chew it. I've had it several times and it's good to taste a beer with flavor. I still buy my Bud Light and recognize I'm beer inept.
    Yuengling is good for what it is, no shame in that. The last time I went to a B'ham Barons game (White Sox Farm Team) it was on "Thirsty Thursday", all beer $1/12oz cup. All the youngins were flocking to the Bud Light. The few crafty veterans such as myself were hitting the Yuengling kegs. There was supposed to be a two beer per trip max. There was no line, and those of us in it were older. The guy let us leave with as many as we could carry. M.I.T. would have given me an honorary degree if they saw some of the beer cup carrying designs I came up with that night.
    IMGreat101 likes this.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Yuengling's Black & Tan is a good one. Lager is good for something light. I discovered yesterday that it would take more Bud Light than I am comfortable drinking to get me drunk anymore. I feel like I should congratulate my liver.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Got a new one I'm going to try. Havn't seen it in years. Anyone else ever had it?

Cornfed1100 is offline Officer First Class
    Burp, excuse me.

Tapatalk does not require a sobriety test to post.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Thomas Creek Pump House Porter

My wife did the shopping today, back at the City Vineyard. The bartender remembered her from the night we went out (stand easy boys bartender was named Mandy). Based on what I liked that night she made some selections for a build your own six pack for me. This place will customer service you like it should be done! On to the beer.

The pros say:
    Pump House Porter - Thomas Creek Brewery - Greenville, SC - BeerAdvocate

I could actually taste a slight hint of molasses and healthy dose of malt. This porter sat a little heavier on me, but it is an overall good tasting beer. It poured with almost no head, but had ample carbonation in the glass.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    What food would you pair with the Pump House Porter?

The bartender remembered her from the night we went out (stand easy boys bartender was named Mandy).

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    What food would you pair with the Pump House Porter?
    With the molasses hints, it would be the bomb with some good BBQ. I'm not real big on eating with beer. Just a personal preference. With many of these I would drink them almost like a desert or to end my day. About to head out to the Loft District in downtown Birmingham though. That means this was just the first real beer I drank today.
    IMGreat101 likes this.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hitachino Espresso Stout

Stand back because this a by God Stout. If you don't like a strong, dark, bitter beer seek life else where. However, if you want a full bodied BEER TASTING BEER, get you own cause this one is mine's. It does mello out as it finishes on your palate. Tastes like an unsweetened well espresso with some chocolate and malt hints. At $5 a bottle, this will not be served at picnics.

What the pros say:
    Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout - Kiuchi Brewery - Ibaraki-ken Naka-gun, Japan - BeerAdvocate

Some linkback action:
    http://www.myalabamaoutdoors.com/sho...ed=1#post18023

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Yeah , I figured you might have had a few tonite.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Yeah , I figured you might have had a few tonite.

Love the cap from the bottle.
    To Live Is To Eat

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Actually never more than two when I do reviews. Only if both are the same beer. Now Friday night, started with Newcastle and ended with Spring Street Saison:

http://www.avondalebrewing.com/our-b...eet-saison.php

A good bit of it too. At 7.2% ABV, it was no joke.

John T. Chance is offline I Speak Sarcasm
    Verified LEO
    I'm guessing you are pretty good at field sobriety tests too.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I've been reading these reviews and realizing I never heard of most of these beers because of the limited ABV laws here. Looks like some of them will be available now. It still doesn't matter to me though, I don't drink but I enjoy going out with friends as a DD.

Mississippi legislature passes new beer bill | The Daily Mississippian
    The bill will allow businesses to carry beer with a higher alcohol content than is normally found in craft beers. Mississippi has been one of the strictest states regarding beer laws.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I've been reading these reviews and realizing I never heard of most of these beers because of the limited ABV laws here. Looks like some of them will be available now. It still doesn't matter to me though, I don't drink but I enjoy going out with friends as a DD.

Mississippi legislature passes new beer bill | The Daily Mississippian
    The same in AL. The changes in legislation were not about alcohol, but about economics.

This is Avondale Brewing Company here in B'ham:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-11-12, 08:02 PM

Thread Information