Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

What's for supper?

I passed a fresh shrimp truck on the side of the road today so I picked up a few pounds.

We had boiled shrimp, corn on the cob, and new potatoes.

The shrimp were hanging out in the Gulf yesterday, smelled like sea water. No fishy smell means fresh!!

What're you having?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Whatever hubby brings home. He spent the day at Six Flags as a work "team building" thing. I stayed home, did chores, took the cat to the vet, and had to call it in when our power went out due to a storm. Yeah, I'm not cooking tonight.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I passed a fresh shrimp truck on the side of the road today so I picked up a few pounds.

We had boiled shrimp, corn on the cob, and new potatoes.

What're you having?
    Yum!!

I just got home from a week-long road trip, I'm trying to decide if I want to pick up Thai food or Cluck-U wings Cluck-U Corp | Cluck-U Chicken Home Page | 911 Sauce | Online Food Ordering | Franchising | Merchandise. No cooking for me today.

On another note, I can't wait until the Five Guys Burgers opens in my town. There would be no problem on my dinner decision then.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    We just had a Five Guys open here. Everybody raved about it so I tried it. It's still a fast food hamburger to me. A better than usual one, but still just a fast food burger. The fries were good and plentiful though.
    I guess I am just weird about fast food.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    My daughter made fantastic French dip sandwiches. The au jus she makes is out-of-this-world good! We have her make it often just to "perfect" the recipe.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Taking mahi mahi putting it over cooked rice, throwing on a sprinkling of shrimp; seasoning it with butter and lemon, salt and pepper and baking it wrapped in tin foil until done. Simple yet really delicious. Need veggies to roast too but not sure what.

Made a delicious cauliflower with browned butter and sage salt the other day. Been experimenting a lot since I 1) get a delivery of organic fruits and veggies every other week and 2) I'm not working due to a shoulder injury. Been a semi-cooking fool
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Taking mahi mahi putting it over cooked rice, throwing on a sprinkling of shrimp; seasoning it with butter and lemon, salt and pepper and baking it wrapped in tin foil until done. Simple yet really delicious. Need veggies to roast too but not sure what.

Made a delicious cauliflower with browned butter and sage salt the other day. Been experimenting a lot since I 1) get a delivery of organic fruits and veggies every other week and 2) I'm not working due to a shoulder injury. Been a semi-cooking fool
    Wolven, that sounds delicious!!!!

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I just finished a big bowl of pasole
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Thread Information