Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    We had burgers yesterday at the river, I apple smoked 2 small pork roasts Fri night that we have been snacking on/making sandwiches with. The pork roast was bought pre-stuffed and Cajun seasoned from Don's Specialty Meats in Lafayette. I think I'm cooking NY strips for supper, haven't decided yet. If I do I will use kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Season the steaks and let them come to room temp, cook for about 3 min a side on a very hot Green Egg grill with some soaked apple wood chips.

By the way, at the cookout yesterday My friends came out with a case of frozen pre-paddy hamburgers and I thought to myself that they wouldn't be all that good. I have not had very much luck with bulk frozen paddies. I was very surprised by the size, minimal shrinkage, and flavor. It was a very good burger if you are cooking in bulk. Here is a link if anyone is interested and wants to try them. TNT Burger . We had the 8oz. A small store near here sells them but I don't know where to find them elsewhere.
    big green egg :wave2:

I am not a fan of pre-seasoned beef patties, but I know there are some very good ones out there.

Cidp24, we have whole New York Strips on sale right now, USDA Choice or higher, $5.79/lb
    Midwest corn fed beef, not that grass fed whatever beef
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I am now enjoying Tony and Julie Hook, Hook's Cheese Company Inc. 7 year cheddar with cabernet sauvignon
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    And I thought you were a "leveler"

"Leveler?"

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    we have whole New York Strips on sale right now, USDA Choice or higher, $5.79/lb
    do you deliver?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    What's the big deal about these green egg grills? I keep seeing all kinds of stuff about them online.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    We fired up the grill at work around 2:30am and cooked up some cheap burgers, brats, and hot dogs. Nothing too fancy, but it hit the spot!
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    We had burgers yesterday at the river, I apple smoked 2 small pork roasts Fri night that we have been snacking on/making sandwiches with. The pork roast was bought pre-stuffed and Cajun seasoned from Don's Specialty Meats in Lafayette. I think I'm cooking NY strips for supper, haven't decided yet. If I do I will use kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Season the steaks and let them come to room temp, cook for about 3 min a side on a very hot Green Egg grill with some soaked apple wood chips.

By the way, at the cookout yesterday My friends came out with a case of frozen pre-paddy hamburgers and I thought to myself that they wouldn't be all that good. I have not had very much luck with bulk frozen paddies. I was very surprised by the size, minimal shrinkage, and flavor. It was a very good burger if you are cooking in bulk. Here is a link if anyone is interested and wants to try them. TNT Burger . We had the 8oz. A small store near here sells them but I don't know where to find them elsewhere.

Mav and I just got back from Lafayette a week or so ago, we had meat pies at Don's...very tasty...got some of his special seasoning blend and a few other things...

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    "Leveler?"
    Precise measure, to level the measuring spoon or cup
    To Live Is To Eat

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    do you deliver?
    A case of cold beer and tarvel expenses?
    To Live Is To Eat

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Ok, so a weird change of direction here. The Wife got bored and wanted to go out. We wound up eating at a Japanese restaurant. I had shrimp and scallops, she had steak, both with the usual fried rice and veggies. It was good.

My personal experience with my Big Green Egg: It is EXPENSIVE but mine was a gift of Christmas, birthday, valentines and any other gift occasion that you can think of for a year.

It takes about 20 min to get it fired up using an electric starter. The advantages of it are that I can use it as a grill or a smoker, I can keep the temp within about 20 degrees of where I want it for an extended period (I have used it for up to 10 hrs) and it has this magical ability of keeping whatever you cook on it very moist. All you have to do to convert it to a smoker is put the "plate setter" in it for indirect heat and put some soaked wood chips on the coals. It only uses natural charcol. It will cook at a very wide range of temps. I NEVER put starter fluid on ANY grill, especially not this one. You can taste the starter fluild if you use it, so I don't.

To cook a steak I get it up to about 700 degrees with all vents wide open. For an 1 1/2 inch steak I cook it 2 min on one side, 2 min on the other, and flip it one more time for 2 min with all vents closed. The steaks come out a perfect med rare every time.

I have had mine for about 2 years and I bet I have not used my gas grill twice since then. I grill 3-4 times a week.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Precise measure, to level the measuring spoon or cup
    Ah. When I do personal/recreational cooking, I rarely measure - I've spent many years at work creating and duplicating products that most people buy pre-mixed/pre-made, so my eyeballing skills are finely honed. As an example, a lot of people buy Montreal Seasoning - I make it as needed from the ingredients in my kitchen. I know what something will taste like as I'm adding ingredients....I can quite often read a description/ingredient statement, put those ingredients together, and I'll be on target with the taste.

When I cook/create for someone else or for business, I have to measure and record (both in culinary format as well as formula percentage) to give an accurate recipe so the product can be easily scaled up for mass production or replicated easily and by anyone.

I do measure functional ingredients when I bake - as you know, the accuracy of those ingredients is critical in baking because of the chemical reactions.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    A case of cold beer and tarvel expenses?
    ok...but you gotta do the grilling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    We wound up eating at a Japanese restaurant.

To Live Is To Eat

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Grilled "Johnsonville Brats," burgers,chedderwurst, home made potato salad, baked beans, fresh fruit pizza, deviled eggs, and watermelon. No one went hungry!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information