Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Yummy frosting!

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO

Yummy frosting!

For those of you who love coffee, and also love cream cheese frosting, allow me to introduce you to coffee cream cheese frosting!! I needed to color the frosting I was using for a project, but didn't want to use food coloring or chocolate. Using a mortar & pestle, I ground up some instant coffee granules to a powder, then blended it with the cream cheese frosting. Oh Em Geeeee!! I think I may now be "in a relationship" with said frosting.

And if you were wondering what kind of "project" would require the use of frosting (though I'm certain some of you have some ideas popping into your minds ), I had to come up with a display showing the layers of skin & its components. Not wanting to do the ho-hum large poster board kind of display, I decided to make my project edible. I made a batch of blondie brownies (with dried cranberries inside), then frosted the uncut brownie "slab" with plain cream cheese frosting. I used the coffee to color the various tones of the dermis & epidermis, various colors of Twizzlers for the nerves, veins, arteries, & hair, golden raisins for the "adipose tissue" layer, and dried cranberries & fruit snacks for glands & receptors. LOL, I wish I could post a picture of it but don't know how I can do that from my phone!

The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    That is one of the most creative imaginative ideas for that type of project I have ever heard of.

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is so very original, it looks awesome! Here's the picture:

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I could get down with that!
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Thanks for posting that for me, Buttercup! IMGreat, when the instructor gave the assignment, she said we could use whatever materials we wanted, as long as it was a clear depiction of the layers of the skin; I knew I had to do something edible. Besides, if I was going to spend money on this project, I wanted to get something more out of it than a huge piece of posterboard that would be resigned to the basement! It was quite delish!

The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Did you wear a zombie outfit when you ate it?
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Thread Information